Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

twistedmentat posted:

I'm trying to clear some space so I am going to try to sell some comics off at the convention I work at. Friday night we have a sort of flea market, as its a anime convention its called the Nominoichi, and I've had great success selling my crap off every year. One year I made enough to buy a new TV. Anyways, I am thinking of the bulk doing $1 each or 6 for 5$, but I know i have some stuff that is possibly worth up to 40bux like New 52 Batman #1, or the Lenticular Harley Quinn cover. Last year I sold some Xbox 360 games that were worth a lot more than I was selling them, and felt kind of dumb because I know the guy who bought them knew I had massively undercosted them. I sold Rockband 3 and Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 for 5bux each.

Anyways, my question is what site is best to use to find out the value of a comic? I looked at what th CGC grading entails, and I'd guess most of mine are in the 8s as they are read once, and then put in bags and then into a box, though a few were bought purely because I felt they'd become valuable, the Forever Evil covers for example.

You gotta be really hard on your comics on first read to get them down to 8s. I'm pretty ok with my comics and never had a recent comic (as in last 10 years) graded lower than a 9 and few lower than 9.6.

Best site to find the value of a comic is ebay I've found. Track what it sells for raw in nm condition (which is probably what you have), discount the outliers and find the range the majority sell for. That's how I've always judged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Skwirl posted:

This is cool though. How much?
20 cents. It says right on the cover.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Rhyno posted:

They charge us $4 a week to fund the secret shopper program to enforce no Tuesday sales. That's the main focus of the SS program. Hell I just had a dude on Tuesday badgering me to sell him some books early. I think we got a 9/10 because I let a guy look at a new release.

How often do you have people bugging you about comics on Tuesdays that aren't secret shoppers?

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Rhyno posted:

In other fun news, somebody sold us some comics that were stolen.

The punchline is the comics were all garbage, nothing worth more than $2 each and we paid out about $150 for all of it but the owner had claimed the stolen collection was worth $3000. He's gonna have some explaining to do if he made an insurance claim.

"He must've sold the really good ones somewhere else, or kept them."

Unless he had every book accounted for I suppose.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

As long as he doesn't tie me to a wheelchair and show me his muderlogue slide show asking if i see, I'm good.

• Locked thread