Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

This may have been asked in another thread, but how much of your business is trades vs. singles? Having only recently (within the last year) gotten back into comics, it seems the industry is much more focused on TPB sales than it was even 15 years ago. When I first started reading in the late 80's/early 90's, the only trades that I remember being available were of "famous" storylines like Dark Phoenix and the wedding of Spider-Man and the like. I remember Vertigo putting out trades of most of their stuff but Marvel really didn't seem to do it that often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Rhyno posted:

I promised I would try not to rant in this thread, the library thing just really pissed me off as their behavior has been very unprofessional.

One of my biggest pet peeves is when you're doing someone a favor and they bitch about it. I'm fairly easy going and have incredible patience but that sets me right off. You're completely justified in your post.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Rhyno posted:

It's not that exciting, just the weirdest thing to happen in months.

I take a lot of small snacks to work with me so I can nibble all day. I had a bag of frosted mini wheats with me today. I opened the bag, ate two of them and then sat them on the counter behind a pile of comics and went to help a customer. I came back and they were gone. I was puzzled, looked for them and didn't see them. I thought my coworker was loving with me and then I saw a kid (maybe 10 or so) walking behind his parents as they left, eating my goddamned mini wheats.

At least it was a child and you can sort of write it off as kids not respecting boundaries. I work in EMS and brought a patient to the ER one night. Upon entering the triage area, there's no one there - but the nurse on duty had left a small dixie cup with some jelly beans in it on her little stand. The patient walks over, picks up the dixie cup and just starts happily munching away. Nurse comes back and says "Where are my jelly beans?" Patient replies "They're mine now" and continues to eat them with no shame whatsoever.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Rhyno posted:

UPDATE

The books were definitely exposed to meth fumes according to the little sniffer thingee. They are handling the destruction so at least I don't have to worry about that.

METH!

Could've sold em for 10 times the price to meth addicts to smoke. Those people buy each others scabs - comics would be a step up.

• Locked thread