Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Weird question, but could anyone here who works at a shop possibly check and see if The Valiant TPB (the 4 issue mini chiefly written by Lemire) is available for order through Diamond? I've been slowly going through reading all of the Valiant back catalogue and for some reason my store says they can't get this one in. They're sometimes weird about ordering stuff, though, and I see it available various places online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

I've been going to my shop for years, but if another shop opened in my area, I'd consider switching in a heartbeat. My local shop has such a hard time doing basic stuff like filling my pulls, it's getting to the point that I feel lucky if I go in on a Wednesday and they have everything on my list. And if they miss a few books and sell out of the shelf stock before I get there, forget about ordering them, because I bet less than 25% of the stuff I try to order from that place actually comes in.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

I'll check when I'm in there tomorrow. My LCS owner is convinced it's going to end with the appearance of Dr. Manhattan so he ordered a ton of them. Despite not ordering enough JL v SS or the JLA Rebirth issues because he didn't think anyone would want them.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

So... how much for those Days of Future Past issues?

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

I know some comic shop employees post in here, so I'm curious, is there such a thing as a shop/service that will take requests for back issues? For example, if I'm looking for a specific issue or run, is there a way someone could track it down and send to me, and bill me for their costs in buying/shipping? I've mentioned this to my LCS and they've said they're willing to keep an eye out in case the issues come into their shop, but I live in a small town and that really isn't likely. And I don't want to bother getting scammed on eBay or wherever else.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Wait, DCBS closed? I assume that means their physical location and not the online ordering piece?

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

I hope they don't go into my comic shop on Tuesdays before a big release like Metal because I always go in there a day early to read anything like that so I can avoid spoilers easier.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

My shop recently did a sale where they fell so far behind processing their back issues that the owners just flipped through everything that wasn't processed to pull out anything of any value and put the rest of it on sale for $1 each. When I talked to him on Wednesday one of them said they'd sold like 40 boxes of stuff. I felt kinda bad because I knew they were way behind for a while and I've always wanted to offer to go in on like a random Sunday with a few podcasts and spend the day processing back issues if they'd toss me a free trade or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

I'll probably buy floppies as long as my LCS stays open. I like going in every Wednesday and talking with the owners and other regulars. I tend to let the floppies build up and read them in arcs, then stick them in my trade-in box to take to the store once it gets full. I get store credit for the trades which I then use to try trade of series I'm curious about but don't want to buy in single issues until I'm sure I like it. It's a decent enough routine and it works for me.

• Locked thread