Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Silver Snail is ancient, isn't it? It might not be something that can still be done today.

Hey Rhyno, what percentage of your sales are Pops? It seems like when that bubble crashes, half the comic book stores I've ever seen are going to go down with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Did they know you were breaking the Diamond rules for them?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is that supposed to be an ice airplane he's throwing at him?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Don't worry, it's probably not human.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Just in time for that game to crash for the 3rd time.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I mean the guy works with Rhyno and still stands out as weird. Gotta be up there.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

There are 2 staff and both are women in their 20s.

Staves. 2 staves.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Going to pull list only for new comics is something a lot of stores think sounds good as a cost saving measure but it can end up hurting business for the reasons described. Keeping your big names is probably a good idea.

On a similar note, I went to EB/Gamestop earlier today looking for something (which of course they didn't have) and the store is now 2/3 collectibles as well. I was looking for a PS4 stand, and their former accessory wall is now board games and t-shirts. Non-controller extras are reduced to about 12 pegs on a little shelf. Gamestop is propped up by Funko too. The Canadian ones haven't even moved in all the Thinkgeek junk yet either.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

In Canada it's way easier to throw $1 at someone.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

How many brass Batman statues are you ordering for next week, Rhyno?
https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/DEC150389

That's nothing, some company is doing a $35000 3-meter tall AT-AT.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What's that Saga thing on the right edge of the picture?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

In 2013 Funko brought in $28 million from Pops, and they've only gotten bigger from there.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I've seen that they sell comics at Walmart now, but they're themed packages.

And they're usually up front where the CCG packs and adult aimed toys like Walking Dead and Game of Thrones stuff are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Do they know you only come in every few weeks?

If it's consistent or you've told them they probably don't mind.

• Locked thread