Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the politics are bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

it could also be a tacit admission that government formation under her may be difficult. i know in other countries with lots of parties, the prime minister isn't necessarily from largest party, but from a party that is kind of in the ideological middle of the parties that form the government

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yeah it's pretty clear many people would prefer demographic collapse to seeing a minaret

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

well the EU is watering down somebody

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

those 19 deaths were actually 70% of slovenia's population

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol i saw an exit poll and article that had the liberals in first and now that the results are in their vote share is wildly different

edit the poll also had SNS not entering parliament

i say swears online fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Oct 1, 2023

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

any Dutch posters have coalition predictions? the VVD seems like a natural coalition partner but if I were them I'd be afraid of long-term electoral consequences of being fully subsumed into the PVV. Omtzigt feels like the most weathervane dude who will go along with anything. is PVV-VVD-NSC-BBB the most likely coalition?

Why did Baudet collapse so much the last couple years just to lose it all the Wilders? SP/PvdD collapse seems significant since it about matches the increased result from GL/PvdA

i say swears online fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Nov 23, 2023

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

at least steve bell's reaction to all this will have appropriate respect for the situa-oh

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

if i had to guess, VVD have white-collar managerial class and PVV have small business owners as core constituencies

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

wealth used to be a predictor of which party you'd vote for but the D's caught up to the R's in the last two decades. D policies since the 90s just aren't that scary to the wealthy anymore and can focus on social issues which many wealthy folks care about. it's not a monolith though, and the different ways people come into their wealth is still a predictor. business owners still vote R; wealthy people in arts, white-collar jobs that require advanced degrees, and more recently wealth management and finance vote D. these D demos would have been Rockefeller Republicans in the 70s when the Democrat demographics were still based around the urban proletariat and deep south.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

kliras posted:

social media definitely boosts the far right, but even with the amplification, it's hard to see what boost there'd be to neoliberals on social media for something like "better things aren't possible, like if you agree!"

here's the dutch youth vote in parliament seats btw

https://twitter.com/PopulismUpdates/status/1728154933973663850

("youth" doing a bit of work here with ages up to 35)

the pvv result is most nutso but DENK and SP are notable here too

i say swears online fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Nov 26, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

did Egypt beat Liechtenstein to universal suffrage