Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
leftist 1: liberals are almost as bad as facists!

leftist 2: liberals are as bad as fascists at least fascists are authentic and hates capitalism

leftist 3: liberals are even worse than fascists I'm gonna vote far right to spite the center-left

*all three leftists are promptly jailed and executed by the government they voted for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Good point; only 1 goon has been executed by Hillary, so that would be 3 times worse.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Hot Take, Trump isn't a fascist, nor will he be executing political dissidents.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Powercrazy posted:

Hot Take, Trump isn't a fascist, nor will he be executing political dissidents.

What if they talk about how small his hands are?

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Salt Fish posted:

Good point; only 1 goon has been executed by Hillary, so that would be 3 times worse.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Donald gazed up at the enormous face. Eleven years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath those dark wrinkles. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two pride-scented tears trickled down the sides of his orange nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Hillary Clinton.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Salt Fish posted:

or three times as good depending on your p.o.v

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

e_angst posted:

The best part about sticking to unrealistic principals is that you'll never have any effect on anything, so you can always blame everything that's wrong on others not adhering to your unrealistic principals.

Opposing neoliberal hegemony dominating And exploiting the working class while dismantling any semblance of real representative democracy is only unrealistic if and because the so called "left wing" party never questions these things because YAAAAASE :iamafag:

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Commie NedFlanders posted:

Opposing neoliberal hegemony dominating And exploiting the working class while dismantling any semblance of real representative democracy is only unrealistic if and because the so called "left wing" party never questions these things because YAAAAASE :iamafag:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

the fact that so many leftists unironicaly believe something like this should serve as the explanation on why the tea party continues to be much much more successful than any leftist movement

Bloody Queef
Mar 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Is anyone in later primary states registering Republican?

I did. So now I'm trying to pick who to vote for in the primary AND the general.

I probably won't vote R in the general, but am also looking at alternatives to writing in the Sand Man.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Bloody Queef posted:

Is anyone in later primary states registering Republican?

I did. So now I'm trying to pick who to vote for in the primary AND the general.

I probably won't vote R in the general, but am also looking at alternatives to writing in the Sand Man.

You should vote for Trump in the RNC primary. Then write-in Sanders for the general. Or better yet, register Dem, and vote for Sanders in both.

Bloody Queef
Mar 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Powercrazy posted:

You should vote for Trump in the RNC primary. Then write-in Sanders for the general. Or better yet, register Dem, and vote for Sanders in both.

I can't change my affiliation now until after the primary in late April.

If Bernie tells me to vote Clinton, I'm probably going to vote McAffee or Zoltan

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Commie NedFlanders posted:

enjoy your endless rounds of circular firing squads

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Bloody Queef posted:

I can't change my affiliation now until after the primary in late April.

If Bernie tells me to vote Clinton, I'm probably going to vote McAffee or Zoltan

Sounds like you don't actually trust Bernie at all.

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

Al! posted:

enjoy your endless rounds of circular firing squads

Joke's on you, idiot, I'm short-circuiting this process *points gun barrel at own head, pulls trigger*

Bloody Queef
Mar 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Gyges posted:

Sounds like you don't actually trust Bernie at all.

I don't really. He is a politician after all.

But I made a huge mistake in 2008 by voting for Barack Obama. I gave him a pass on his 2006 Patriot Act vote. Under him we've seen the largest expansion of the security state in US history.

I can't vote for Clinton or anyone who would advocate voting for her.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Salt Fish posted:

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Typo posted:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

this would be way funnier if people on the left didn't actually sincerely believe it
im sorry you're not amused friend

please explain to us why we should not regard populist insurrection and the growing trend of ill-focused hatred for congress and the executive as part of objective reality, let alone "believe it"

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

stephenfry posted:

im sorry you're not amused friend

please explain to us why we should not regard populist insurrection and the growing trend of ill-focused hatred for congress and the executive as part of objective reality, let alone "believe it"

there's a big difference between acknowledging the ills of our political system and spouting "both parties are the same anyway".

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
http://www.wsj.com/video/poll-33-of-sanders-supporters-wouldnt-vote-for-clinton/69C05055-85FE-4320-8D02-3EAC972CACD0.html

WSJ/NBC poll says 33% of Sanders supporters won't vote for Hillary in November

The Democratic establishment is retarded for not noticing this

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Mister Fister posted:

http://www.wsj.com/video/poll-33-of-sanders-supporters-wouldnt-vote-for-clinton/69C05055-85FE-4320-8D02-3EAC972CACD0.html

Always recruiting time for the PUMAs.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Mister Fister posted:

50% of Hilary supporters said the same thing about Obama in 2008

But hey who knows maybe they really will bern it all down

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Typo posted:

Yeah, but those Hillary supporters are more likely to be Democratic loyalists.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Mister Fister posted:

if only they voted for Bernie in March

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Bernie should offer her the VP slot.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Mister Fister posted:

what would "noticing this" mean other than handing the election over to Sanders

Bloody Queef
Mar 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Typo posted:

Do you have a source on this?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Mister Fister posted:

Good. Though I don't believe that number at all.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Bloody Queef posted:

Do you have a source on this?

Gallup polling from March 2008

28% of Clinton supporters would vote for McCain over Obama.

CNN article from May 2008 on exit polls

33% - 38% of Clinton supporters said they'd vote McCain over Obama while 12%-17% said they'd stay home.

In comparison less than 20% of Obama voters were saying they'd vote McCain over Hillary.

Seems pretty comparable. People always say they're not going to vote for the other candidate in the middle of the primaries and then come around by November. Through the other option being too horrible, their preferred candidate convincing them to vote their opponent, their hated rival candidate winning them over, or a combination thereof. Which makes a lot of sense because during the primary you're focused on the differences between one side's candidate instead of the similarities while also being in an ideological competition that is woven together with 56 or so mini competitions where your team wins or loses.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

my guess is if the DNC is actually giving that poll any credence they're not fretting over the 33% so much as celebrating their candidate's 13-point general election lead

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
https://twitter.com/SamSykesSwears/status/704912918538797062

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
I'm done voting for Democrats who are enthusiastic supporters of the drug war. Hillary is saying the same poo poo that I remember Democrats saying back in 2004 on drugs even though public opinion has shifted a lot since then. They have lost my vote until they improve on criminal justice and drug policy issues.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Scorpions are probably healthier than that mystery meat crap.

Best Korea
Feb 15, 2012

mike12345 posted:

Bernie should offer her the VP slot.

But then we get president Clinton when he dies in 2 years.

Bloody Queef
Mar 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Gyges posted:

33% - 38% of Clinton supporters said they'd vote McCain over Obama while 12%-17% said they'd stay home.

In comparison less than 20% of Obama voters were saying they'd vote McCain over Hillary.

Seems pretty comparable. People always say they're not going to vote for the other candidate in the middle of the primaries and then come around by November. Through the other option being too horrible, their preferred candidate convincing them to vote their opponent, their hated rival candidate winning them over, or a combination thereof. Which makes a lot of sense because during the primary you're focused on the differences between one side's candidate instead of the similarities while also being in an ideological competition that is woven together with 56 or so mini competitions where your team wins or loses.

Thank for the links. I didn't remember Clinton supporters saying they wouldn't vote for Obama during the 2008 election.

ANGRYGREEK
May 3, 2007

If you meet the Storm Spirit on the lane, gank him.

Lamebot posted:

The way that sanders kept interupting hilldog was sooo rude!
STOP RIGHT THERE

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
People with conviction will destroy our us vs them 2 party system and that is unamerican!

The Revenant
Feb 2, 2016

by Lowtax
I'm not voting for Hillary Clinton because she is bad.

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

Gyges posted:

Major difference is bernie supporters are mostly young kids, it's hardly a reliable demographic to begin with. Who knows but a significant dip in youth vote (a return to pre Obama levels) this year if Hillary wins certainly wouldn't be a surprise.

Just look at off year elections for a perfect example, young people are the least likely to be scared to the polls. Or 2004 for that matter. Both are big contradictions to what you are saying.

You also need to keep in mind that hyper politicization across the voting spectrum is a recent thing, again even back to 04 this is quite evident-there were lots of dems that stayed home that year because they'd rather vote for a candidate they liked rather than vote against Bush. I would guess younger dean supporters were a big part of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

The Saurus posted:

Only the most craven and pathetic americans will vote for hillary

In that line I did quite enjoy the very long video at this fine website: http://wontvotehillary.com/

• Locked thread