Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloody Queef
Mar 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Is anyone in later primary states registering Republican?

I did. So now I'm trying to pick who to vote for in the primary AND the general.

I probably won't vote R in the general, but am also looking at alternatives to writing in the Sand Man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Queef
Mar 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Powercrazy posted:

You should vote for Trump in the RNC primary. Then write-in Sanders for the general. Or better yet, register Dem, and vote for Sanders in both.

I can't change my affiliation now until after the primary in late April.

If Bernie tells me to vote Clinton, I'm probably going to vote McAffee or Zoltan

Bloody Queef
Mar 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Gyges posted:

Sounds like you don't actually trust Bernie at all.

I don't really. He is a politician after all.

But I made a huge mistake in 2008 by voting for Barack Obama. I gave him a pass on his 2006 Patriot Act vote. Under him we've seen the largest expansion of the security state in US history.

I can't vote for Clinton or anyone who would advocate voting for her.

Bloody Queef
Mar 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Typo posted:

50% of Hilary supporters said the same thing about Obama in 2008

But hey who knows maybe they really will bern it all down

Do you have a source on this?

Bloody Queef
Mar 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Gyges posted:

Gallup polling from March 2008

28% of Clinton supporters would vote for McCain over Obama.

CNN article from May 2008 on exit polls

33% - 38% of Clinton supporters said they'd vote McCain over Obama while 12%-17% said they'd stay home.

In comparison less than 20% of Obama voters were saying they'd vote McCain over Hillary.

Seems pretty comparable. People always say they're not going to vote for the other candidate in the middle of the primaries and then come around by November. Through the other option being too horrible, their preferred candidate convincing them to vote their opponent, their hated rival candidate winning them over, or a combination thereof. Which makes a lot of sense because during the primary you're focused on the differences between one side's candidate instead of the similarities while also being in an ideological competition that is woven together with 56 or so mini competitions where your team wins or loses.

Thank for the links. I didn't remember Clinton supporters saying they wouldn't vote for Obama during the 2008 election.

• Locked thread