Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Powercrazy posted:

Hot Take, Trump isn't a fascist, nor will he be executing political dissidents.

What if they talk about how small his hands are?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Bloody Queef posted:

I can't change my affiliation now until after the primary in late April.

If Bernie tells me to vote Clinton, I'm probably going to vote McAffee or Zoltan

Sounds like you don't actually trust Bernie at all.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Mister Fister posted:

http://www.wsj.com/video/poll-33-of-sanders-supporters-wouldnt-vote-for-clinton/69C05055-85FE-4320-8D02-3EAC972CACD0.html

WSJ/NBC poll says 33% of Sanders supporters won't vote for Hillary in November

The Democratic establishment is retarded for not noticing this

Always recruiting time for the PUMAs.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Bloody Queef posted:

Do you have a source on this?

Gallup polling from March 2008

28% of Clinton supporters would vote for McCain over Obama.

CNN article from May 2008 on exit polls

33% - 38% of Clinton supporters said they'd vote McCain over Obama while 12%-17% said they'd stay home.

In comparison less than 20% of Obama voters were saying they'd vote McCain over Hillary.

Seems pretty comparable. People always say they're not going to vote for the other candidate in the middle of the primaries and then come around by November. Through the other option being too horrible, their preferred candidate convincing them to vote their opponent, their hated rival candidate winning them over, or a combination thereof. Which makes a lot of sense because during the primary you're focused on the differences between one side's candidate instead of the similarities while also being in an ideological competition that is woven together with 56 or so mini competitions where your team wins or loses.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

tsa posted:

Major difference is bernie supporters are mostly young kids, it's hardly a reliable demographic to begin with. Who knows but a significant dip in youth vote (a return to pre Obama levels) this year if Hillary wins certainly wouldn't be a surprise.

Just look at off year elections for a perfect example, young people are the least likely to be scared to the polls. Or 2004 for that matter. Both are big contradictions to what you are saying.

You also need to keep in mind that hyper politicization across the voting spectrum is a recent thing, again even back to 04 this is quite evident-there were lots of dems that stayed home that year because they'd rather vote for a candidate they liked rather than vote against Bush. I would guess younger dean supporters were a big part of that.

Yes, every election could be the one where [thing that usually happens] totally doesn't happen and people pointing to what's happened before are made to look like idiots. We'll see if Bernie voters actually stay home/vote Trump because this time the people saying it are young and fearless.

• Locked thread