Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

ayn rand hand job posted:

Next week is Super Threesday.

This was the correct answer, folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/RickSantorum/status/707302398394552320/

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Squizzle posted:

This was the correct answer, folks.

Michigan has a decent amount of delegates.

The rest...well, we'll get to see whose turn it is to 'mentum.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/RealRudyGiulian/status/707245778612396033

a noun, a verb, and #MAGA

edit: pranked

Rocks has issued a correction as of 22:08 on Mar 8, 2016

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

#NotARealAccount

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I honestly can't tell if the Trump fans ITT are trolls or not. Especially the guy thinking that Latinos are going to vote for him.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I honestly can't tell if the Trump fans ITT are trolls or not. Especially the guy thinking that Latinos are going to vote for him.

I'm looking forward to November 9 when we get to find out who was a real trump backer and who was employing the cutting edge literary device of "irony"

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Idaho Update: Was at YPN and a Chamber of Commerce function this morning for unknown reasons. Skews heavily republican in this area. A whoolllleee bunch of Rubio supporters [esp. people who are movers], but a couple crazy Trump people. Someone had the MAGA hat and a local beer garden owner I talked to complained that people keep sticking Trump stickers on her new cooler when no one is paying attention.

Rubio is really big in the suburbs and the Melaleuca cult of personality. He's also been running ads 24/7. I think he thinks he can win here.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Schnorkles posted:

Idaho Update: Was at YPN and a Chamber of Commerce function this morning for unknown reasons. Skews heavily republican in this area. A whoolllleee bunch of Rubio supporters [esp. people who are movers], but a couple crazy Trump people. Someone had the MAGA hat and a local beer garden owner I talked to complained that people keep sticking Trump stickers on her new cooler when no one is paying attention.

Rubio is really big in the suburbs and the Melaleuca cult of personality. He's also been running ads 24/7. I think he thinks he can win here.

I'm amazed that Rubio still thinks he has a chance anywhere. He might win in some of America's Pacific colonies.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

crafty, trading an endorsement for a free trip to hawaii.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I read Santorum sent his daughter to campaign for him in Guam back in 2012 and he didn't get a single vote during the caucus. That's really sad. I felt bad for him.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Phlegmish posted:

I read Santorum sent his daughter to campaign for him in Guam back in 2012 and he didn't get a single vote during the caucus. That's really sad. I felt bad for him.

He's a sack of poo poo and deserves all the bad things in life, don't feel bad :buddy:

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
I hereby promote subpar Tuesday to awesome Tuesday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mq5hrUDoYo

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad
Who gets the youth turnout for the GOP? Reportedly MSU and surrounding colleges are having abysmal turnout.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

if narciss is faking it's a long con

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Good news for Trump in Mississippi, bad news in Michigan:
https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/707325910102495232

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Have those early exit polls that don't predict a percentage per candidate ever been any good? I never remember to go back and check.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I voted for John kasich in Michigan so thank me for a brokered convention

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Mitt Romney posted:

Who gets the youth turnout for the GOP? Reportedly MSU and surrounding colleges are having abysmal turnout.

Marco Rubio has by far the greatest support among younger voters.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Thump! posted:

He's a sack of poo poo and deserves all the bad things in life, don't feel bad :buddy:

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Xenophon posted:

Good news for Trump in Mississippi, bad news in Michigan:
https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/707325910102495232

Slightly over 60% of Michigan primary voters agreeing with Trump's signature policy issue is not "bad news for Trump," just saying.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

I'm looking forward to November 9 when we get to find out who was a real trump backer and who was employing the cutting edge literary device of "irony"

If you think it's irony you obvs didn't see what lf turned into right before it was shut down

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Donald Trump: The first ironically elected president

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Pon de Bundy posted:

You had a chance to vote Trump and passed? Sad!

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Phlegmish posted:

Which one? The one with the doll?

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Patter Song posted:

Slightly over 60% of Michigan primary voters agreeing with Trump's signature policy issue is not "bad news for Trump," just saying.

Yeah, but he's not getting all of the voters that support that policy, only a portion of them - someone can agree with that and still vote for Cruz. But if he's getting a disproportionate number of these voters, he needs there to be more of them, not fewer. I.e., the better he does with "stop Muslims from entering the country" voters the more he needs those voters to show up.

Of related interest:
https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/707338071541420033

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Xenophon posted:

Yeah, but he's not getting all of the voters that support that policy, only a portion of them - someone can agree with that and still vote for Cruz. But if he's getting a disproportionate number of these voters, he needs there to be more of them, not fewer. I.e., the better he does with "stop Muslims from entering the country" voters the more he needs those voters to show up.

Of related interest:
https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/707338071541420033

also related

https://twitter.com/meetthepress/status/707339487605432320

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

And I think more important - I don't have polling data on hand to back this up, but I would wager that trade/jobs/etc. is more important to Michigan voters than illegal immigration. For what it's worth I still think Trump will win the state, because of responses like this. It's just some of these other trends make me think it will be close.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

ayn rand hand job posted:

Next week is Super Threesday.

They called the Third Super Tuesday the X'd Box Won

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

So for Trump a hold-steady result out of today is first in Michigan and Mississippi, right? If he manages that then it basically comes down to the outcome of Ohio and Florida in a week?

It's exciting getting so close to the end! The long drag through the summer, fall and winter to the actual primary was a pain but even now with a new contest every few days I'm just dying for this thing to wrap up in a nice, dramatic conclusion already. A brokered convention is my second pick after a Trump nomination for maximum hilarity but it's great that those are the two most likely outcomes right now.

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

The White Darryl Strawberry

Salad Prong

Pon de Bundy posted:

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Phlegmish posted:

Save your sympathy for his daughter, who is cursed with having Rick Santorum as a father.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
The third most likely outcome is a Cruz nomination which is also pretty hilarious. There are no other options. The GOP is well and truly hosed.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Davethulhu posted:

Save your sympathy for his daughter, who is cursed with having Rick Santorum as a father.

She must've hosed up something fierce in a past life to be where she is now :smith:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

God I love this picture so much. I wonder where the bodies of his son's victims are buried.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad
https://twitter.com/ShepNewsTeam/status/707340370183655425

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Kaismentum

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

man independents and late deciders hate Trump

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

I am hard as a rock for election results right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Jewel Repetition posted:

No, you're right, Idaho has a delegate for every 51k people and Miss. only has them per 74k people. Joementum could probably tell you why this is, if there even is a reason.

10 at-large delegates for each state: 10 for Idaho, 10 for Mississippi

3 district delegates for each US Representative: 6 for Idaho, 12 for Mississippi

3 automatic party leader delegates

4.5 + 0.60 * the 2012 Presidential electoral votes, if the state was majority GOP: 6.9 for Idaho (round to 7), 8.1 for Mississippi (round to 9)

1 * the number of GOP Senators elected in the state since Jan 1, 2010 (limit 2): 2 for Idaho, 2 for Mississippi

1 * the number of GOP Governors elected in the state since Jan 1, 2012 (limit 1): 1 for Idaho, 1 for Mississippi

1 bonus if 50%+ of the state's US House delegation is GOP: 1 for Idaho, 1 for Mississippi

1 bonus if one chamber of the state legislature is a GOP majority: 1 for Idaho, 1 for Mississippi

1 bonus if two chambers of the state legislature is a GOP majority: 1 for Idaho, 1 for Mississippi

Total: 32 for Idaho, 40 for Mississippi

Or, short answer: Mississippi's population does give it a few more delegates than Idaho, due to the increased number of congressional districts, but that's only one of the many factors that affect the delegate count and the states are basically tied on the rest.

• Locked thread