Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

trying to jack off posted:

i like arcade racers like need for speed, driver, burnout and flatout. sim stuff seems cool but it just doesnt like its worth playing without a wheel and gearbox

Varies from sim to sim. Dirt rally is still real good on a controller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

i'll be honest, i want to try VR racing games. seems like it would be fun as hell and burnout in VR is like a no brainer

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

fozzy fosbourne posted:

i'll be honest, i want to try VR racing games. seems like it would be fun as hell and burnout in VR is like a no brainer

I would probably vomit if I started experiencing full reality withdrawals while doing slo mo Aftertouch crash chains

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]
don't forget the hydraulic chair that simulated acceleration, stopping and corners

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

i think they only cost about thirty grand

time is a wastin
Sep 11, 2011
Project cars is really goos

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

In Training posted:

I would probably vomit if I started experiencing full reality withdrawals while doing slo mo Aftertouch crash chains

yeah me too, it's going to be rad as hell!!!

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

time is a wastin posted:

Project cars is really goos

yeah, i just got it. it took about 2 hours of work to set it up for a controller but it was worth it. im gonna be playing it for a long time

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

i have a 46 year old friend who used to be an amateur rally driver and now he plays racing sims while sitting in an expensive racing wheel setup that has a clutch and everything

I wanna see a picture of this. I kinda wonder how they simulate clutch feel, I think that would be difficult to replicate.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

has anybody else ever tried to play a burnout in bumper cam with a steering wheel? it's extremely impossible

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

GameCube posted:

has anybody else ever tried to play a burnout in bumper cam with a steering wheel? it's extremely impossible

i cant stand the handling in burnout. its a shame cos i like the games. the best arcade handling i know of is ridge racer type 4, id love a burnout game that had that style of handling

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ridge Racer 4 feels so good to drift in

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
gt6 has really good drifting too. but it takes practise and tuning. it has a fun points system too based on how close you stay to the guide line and the angle and length and stuff , its great when u know youre doing a perfect drift and u can watch the number rise while you do it. and they call it the Real Driving Simulator haha.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Black Baby Goku posted:

Ridge Racer 4 feels so good to drift in

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
w/e happened to the dinner and gaming youtube channel idea?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's coming along. Got the camera and some ideas to film. It takes a bit I realized

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i'm real bad at gt6 drifting. so bad.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

has anybody here made a track for a racing game. i need to do this.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I used to make tracks all the time in Excitebike 64.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i need to make this track specifically

seeking help for modeling the Wyndham Garden Hotel tent

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i could never get into racing games, but that has great graphics, op

time is a wastin
Sep 11, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

yeah, i just got it. it took about 2 hours of work to set it up for a controller but it was worth it. im gonna be playing it for a long time

I just removed the dead zone and lowered mah sensitivity and now im way less jerky

time is a wastin
Sep 11, 2011
I really liekd the thing in driveclub wher it popped up random challenges from ppl online in the middle of a race and I wish proj cars had it

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

it's 15% off on steam....

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

It's coming along. Got the camera and some ideas to film. It takes a bit I realized
Yeah, even amateur production is kind of insane. There's a reason movie sets and TV studios have a guy whose job is just to hold the cords.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

time is a wastin posted:

I really liekd the thing in driveclub wher it popped up random challenges from ppl online in the middle of a race and I wish proj cars had it

i didnt like that. or the rest of the game to be honest

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

EpicCareMadBitch
Dec 20, 2008

Lol

EpicCareMadBitch
Dec 20, 2008
thinking about some dirt

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FactsAreUseless posted:

Yeah, even amateur production is kind of insane. There's a reason movie sets and TV studios have a guy whose job is just to hold the cords.

I took a production class in high school and its funny how it would take us like 30 hours for two or three people to put together a 5 minute video and have it not look like complete poo poo. And lets not forget smooth editing and sound

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Human Grand Prix posted:

You could do better if you picked a car that could actually turn.
I did not know this when I picked that car and decided to start a championship with it. I'm now doing the rest of it in a Peugeot 205

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

i like arcade racers like need for speed, driver, burnout and flatout. sim stuff seems cool but it just doesnt like its worth playing without a wheel and gearbox

I like Burnout but those other two are bad. Gas Guzzlers is like Flatout but good, I recommend that.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
how are you tuning the 205? the default setup had me rocketing into onlookers at every corner

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Oh right tuning, I forgot that's a thing.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

If you guys want to share or get some tips and/or tricks, I made a thread in LP for teaching people how to play this game. Here, have a look.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Big dirt rally fan here. That Alpine is a heck of a car though a little frisky if you know what I mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
its finally out for console, but im not getting it yet

• Locked thread