Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It's worked out really well, the controls are great on ps4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

julian assflange posted:

It's worked out really well, the controls are great on ps4

thats cool. project cars took some work to set it up for a controller. and it still feels off cos instead of ffb u dont get any road feeling unless you slide

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I never enjoyed PCars, I loved the looks and the sounds but it just felt like hard work at every stage

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

julian assflange posted:

I never enjoyed PCars, I loved the looks and the sounds but it just felt like hard work at every stage

it pwns so much. you absolutely have to edit the controller settings though if youre not using a wheel because its not playable unless you do. id post mine but i wont be playing it for a while cos of dark souls 3

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'll give it another chance later in the year. I miss the insanity and sound of the BMW Group A(?) racer so much

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I just play Dirt Rally on the default controller settings but I hear there's ways to make them work better.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

julian assflange posted:

I'll give it another chance later in the year. I miss the insanity and sound of the BMW Group A(?) racer so much

supposedly the game has went through a lot of patches since it came out, i dont know when you last played it but its probably completely different now. im also a big fan of the bmw group 5 :-)

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I.N.R.I posted:

supposedly the game has went through a lot of patches since it came out, i dont know when you last played it but its probably completely different now. im also a big fan of the bmw group 5 :-)

Just before xmas iirc so yeah I think I've missed two big patches. I'll see if it is cheap on Amazon or something.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

how many other ppl in this forum play racing sims ? i thought it was just me and hole pisser.

I really like them but haven't really played them since forza...

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

been playin this game (dirt rally) a lot the past couple of days. good stuff

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I really like them but haven't really played them since forza...

theyre better than ever. especially for consoles cos theres project cars out and assetto corsa coming out, and dirt rally just came out. ive never had an xbox so no forza qq.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I wanna play dirt rally but it's 60 drat dollars.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
I like this gsme

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Not sure if I should go for Asseto Corsa or get PCars again. Would PCars GOTY Edition be worth it?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

julian assflange posted:

Not sure if I should go for Asseto Corsa or get PCars again. Would PCars GOTY Edition be worth it?

yeah, it has all of the dlc in it, so like 50 bux worth of really good DLC. i dont know much about assetto corsa, apparently its more skewed towards road cars than race cars though. to be honest its really down to personal preference which one has better driving feel. but project cars is known for having snap oversteer so its hard to slide a car in it and very easy to lose it in a corner and apparently assetto corsa is more lenient in that respect

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This is what VR should be like

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The Stratos in Sweden......not fun

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

i didnt know they were making a forza for pc, which goes into open beta in two days. def. gonna check it out

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's also free to play, so I wonder why they're even bothering with a "beta"

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
ne1 getting assetto corsa when it comes out for consoles ? i cant wait :-)

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I.N.R.I posted:

ne1 getting assetto corsa when it comes out for consoles ? i cant wait :-)

I think I will

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

this was in the games thread:

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The best sector splif

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
anyone playing new Trackmania? I forgot about it when DS3 came out but now I'm about to beat that game and probably gonna go back to it. Is anyone making tracks ??

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

goferchan posted:

anyone playing new Trackmania? I forgot about it when DS3 came out but now I'm about to beat that game and probably gonna go back to it. Is anyone making tracks ??

just the demo, which i liked a lot. im gonna get it on sale though.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i was supposed to start dirt rally today but the guy on ebay never posted my copy ... why do ppl do that on ebay. its not like they can get away with it.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Why not just buy it through sources where idiots aren't trying to scam you?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Great Joe posted:

Why not just buy it through sources where idiots aren't trying to scam you?

Because you touch yourself at night

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Ouch. :(

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i didnt like the question . but, no hard feelings.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Been playing lots of hitman but must get serious about Dirt Rally again. I'm lukewarm on the whole RallyCross part. Races are too short and I feel the AI is very strong compared to Rally/Hillclimb

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Forza Apex beta is cool, its gorgeous, fun & it has some amazing tech like a setting that keeps you at 60 fps and dials graphic settings up or down on the fly to keep that. The racing itself feels great, if you use an xbox controller it has impulse trigger support which is invaluable if you race with all the assists off. Its free so the only reason i wouldnt reccomend it so far is that the windows store is a loving turd

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'm excited about Motorsport Manager, it seems to have the right pedigree.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

HORMELCHILI posted:

Forza Apex beta is cool, its gorgeous, fun & it has some amazing tech like a setting that keeps you at 60 fps and dials graphic settings up or down on the fly to keep that. The racing itself feels great, if you use an xbox controller it has impulse trigger support which is invaluable if you race with all the assists off. Its free so the only reason i wouldnt reccomend it so far is that the windows store is a loving turd
It's also a Windows 10 exclusive, doesn't support wheels (wtf) and is free-to-play for some reason. Why not just play Assetto Corsa or Automobilista instead?

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

because its free and polished and fun? also you can play it a lot more arcadey than other sims
didnt know that about driving wheels though thats dumb. theres only a few races in it right now anyway, it seems like an "early access" sort of thing.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I gave Formula Truck Simulator a try last weekend.

That game needs a tutorial real badly, these things can't slow down for poo poo!

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i finally started dirt rally last night , its really good. im uploading a video of one of my first attemps in the alpine, its of a 3:31 in one of the greek stages, the one with a lot of hairpins in it.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

i finally started dirt rally last night , its really good. im uploading a video of one of my first attemps in the alpine, its of a 3:31 in one of the greek stages, the one with a lot of hairpins in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1F5kt-7Efg

^--- what do the ppl who play dirt rally think ? is it slow or good? i botched 2 hairpins but it mostly looks pretty slick at least. the cars unupgraded as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

That tracks really fun, are you in the mini cooper? It looks clean, that would probably take me like an hour to get a run that clean lol

• Locked thread