Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

So I read the jury awarded Hogan $1 for every Hulkamaniac who was in the Pontiac Silverdome the night he bodyslammed Andre the Giant?

Bigass Moth posted:

That's one dollar for every hulkamaniac that was in attendance at the Pontiac Superdome when big wood slammed the four thousand pound Andre the giant and killed him

Dammit I knew I should have been keeping up with this case.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Mar 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Niwrad posted:

Like would Hulk Hogan be docking his pay for the rest of his life?

I believe the judge's exact words were,"AJ Isentence you to be Hulk Hogan and to consider Terry Bollea as Linda Hogan."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

I would probably date Kim Kardashian.

She's married, who do you think you are buster, William Holden? :colbert:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

oatgan posted:

yeah what kind of person would sleep with another man's wife

I'll tell you what kind..... a LOTHARIO! :mad:

I'm sorry about the harsh language everybody.....

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

dsriggs posted:

In fairness, what woman, married or not, WOULDN'T want to sleep with a Lothario?

So dreamy... :allears:

Shawn Michaels lost his smile because during 1997 he couldn't sleep at nights knowing he could never be as sexy as Jose.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Tokamak posted:

Hulk Hogan should buy TNA with his winnings.

He'd still have 99.9999999999% of all his money if he did that.

Onmi posted:

reduce the damages to 1 million

He'd still have 99% of all his money if he bought TNA.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Is there any chance the outcome of the Gawker Trial is a judge decreeing that Larry David has to be the new RAW GM? :shobon:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

fatherdog posted:

[url=http://nypost.com/2016/05/27/ebay-founder-backing-gawkers-appeal-of-hulk-sex-tape-verdict/]

lmao

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

So my takeaway from this whole situation is that literally every single person involved with this case on all fronts are giant pieces of poo poo?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Tato posted:

I hosed Hulk Hogan and filmed it but he insisted on wearing the Mr. America mask the whole time and now no one will believe me :( Swerved by the fuckin Hulkster again

I got bad news for you dude, you had sex with Mr. America who just told you he was Hulk Hogan to get into your pants. You should have been able to tell because Mr. America's arms aren't quite as large as Hulk Hogan's, who has THE LARGEST ARMS IN THE WORLD BROTHER!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

davidbix posted:

Charles Harder & Peter Thiel have jumped the shark: http://gawker.com/now-peter-thiels-lawyer-wants-to-silence-reporting-on-t-1781918385

The whole thing is so much more obvious the more frivolous claims Harder takes on.

quote:

Even David Simon, the award-winning reporter-turned-screenwriter and frequent critic of Gawker, offered his accolades, arguing that if the U.S. press had investigated the Bush Administration’s claims about Saddam Hussein’s weapons of mass destruction with the same energy, the Iraq War might have been avoided.

Amazing :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

sean10mm posted:

I forget exactly when CNN went from internationally respected institution in the early 90s to the complete clown show we know today

I believe it was roughly 5 seconds after Fox News started trouncing them in the ratings :sigh:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'm a real idiot when it comes to financial/legal matters like this - explain the many ways I've got this wrong:

So Hogan's claim is that the guy who wants to buy Gawker will somehow be given the right to take away (some of the) money that should be going to Hogan in damages to redistribute it amongst Gawker's other creditors?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

davidbix posted:

Oh crap I missed like a week's worth of posts or more. During which I got a job interview with Dan Abrams
' LawNewz that led to them hiring me effective Tuesday, all based in large part on the strength of my #HulkvsGawk reporting. So yeah.

Congratulations dude, it's nice that SOMETHING good came out of this whole mess :)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Shima Honnou posted:

This is the part of the match where Hulkster points and goes YOU

Ahahahahaha

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"Right, got the milk, paid the paper boy, changed the cat's litterbox.... what am I forgetting? Ehhh, probably not important."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

So how does this affect Hogan's payment? Does the money come out of the sale to pay off the old owners' creditors (including Hogan?) while Gawker is now technically a new company/entity?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

wyoak posted:

He's referring to Peter Thiel

Hogan's got a long history of getting billionaires to give him a shitload of money, Thiel just kind of blends in with McMahon and Turner to him.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

oatgan posted:

Do people even know what click bait is

It's journalism's Austin 3:16 moment.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Haha, awesome.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Anybody able to post the text? The link wants me to sign up to see it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

You know I'm starting to suspect that maybe these guys weren't the nicest people in the world.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

davidbix posted:

My interview was shot in Johnny Rodz's office at his non-air conditioned wrestling school (Brian wanted something wrestling-y and fell in love with Gleason's) on probably the hottest day of August. And Brian had to turn off the fans for audio quality reasons. Thankfully I had a steady supply of bottled water and cleverly hidden wet paper towels.

Careful they don't Nixon you! :ohdear:

• Locked thread