Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Just echoing that this is such an entertaining show, this season is freaking great. Norman's acting as he gets older and crazier has been wonderful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

There is no new episode this week, by the way. Things will resume as normal next week.

I don't know if we're gonna see much Peak Norma Acting from here on out, but that's fine, because we're gonna get more than our fair share of Peak Norman Acting.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

And now the therapy sessions are starting to unravel.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

This probably isn't going to happen, but what if they try to lobotomize Norman like that other kid?

Ana Lucia Cortez
Mar 22, 2008

Did they really lobotomize him or just dope him up with meds? Shock treatment maybe?

I'm loving this season! I can't wait until Norman finds out about the marriage. I anticipate an epic meltdown. disgunbegud.gif

I hope something interesting happens with Dylan/Emma soon though. Booorrring.

Ana Lucia Cortez fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Apr 12, 2016

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I don't think a high-class mental health clinic would give out lobotomies. It's more likely he was drugged so much (probably mood stabilizers and a fair dose of painkillers after getting the poo poo kicked out of him) that he didn't recognize anything.

Next week's preview shows Norma going apeshit, and that's always a welcome sight.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Croquette? The only other piece of pop culture that I've ever seen with that sport is Calvin and Hobbes. I wouldn't say giving mentally disturbed people hammers is a good idea.

Homo Depot
Jun 27, 2007

Studs on sale!

Y-Hat posted:

Croquette? The only other piece of pop culture that I've ever seen with that sport is Calvin and Hobbes. I wouldn't say giving mentally disturbed people hammers is a good idea.

Rich people

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

:siren: Norma freak-out :siren:

Ah, this is the Norma we haven't seen all season. I've missed her.

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Apr 19, 2016

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh my god, Norma making dinner as loudly as humanly possible out of frustration is loving obnoxious and great :allears:

Homo Depot
Jun 27, 2007

Studs on sale!
So I wonder if Doc is starting to get an idea of what he's dealing with now.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Chick looks Hasidic.

I was gonna ask when all the breakthroughs everyone made would start to come crashing down in a violent mess. Looks like we don't have to wait long!

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Apr 19, 2016

Stabitha
Mar 11, 2005

You lookin' at me? Don't.
That scene of Norman under the bed holding Norma's hand for comfort as her husband basically rapes her for trying to leave him, was one of the most disturbing things I've scene on TV.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Stabitha posted:

That scene of Norman under the bed holding Norma's hand for comfort as her husband basically rapes her for trying to leave him, was one of the most disturbing things I've scene on TV.
It reminded me of the O-Ren Ishii segment from Kill Bill where she hides under the bed and watches her parents get murdered, but like somehow even worse :stonk: :barf:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'm loving loooooving the doctor parts. I assumed the hospital would be wheel spinning until Norman got out but he's just giving it all away and it's so fascinating to watch. Is this kid under lock and key to this production or something? How is he not in everything? The way his face contorts as he switches over from Norman to Norma, his head sort of switches perspectives because she is sitting in a different spot. Perfect.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

What makes Freddie Highmore great this season is that he's now constantly playing two characters and playing them very well. He's got Norma's flippant attitude down pat. Give him all the Emmys.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Tonight's episode is named "No Place Like Home." Something tells me there won't be a fairy tale-like ending to this one.

"Things have to get worse first." Oh boy.

Aaaaaaand they just got worse.

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Apr 26, 2016

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ahahahaha, what a bizarre way for him to find out that his mom's bangin' the sheriff :allears:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

"Wait, did Emma die?"

"What? No, Jesus, Norma!"

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Dylan's reaction to Norma asking if Emma died :lol:

Homo Depot
Jun 27, 2007

Studs on sale!
Norma's such a turd

Homo Depot
Jun 27, 2007

Studs on sale!
Why does everyone describe Norman as kind, empathetic, sweet, etc? His normal personality comes off kind of dickish to me.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Well Norman leaving the institution is just about the worst fuckin' thing he could do. Now he's gonna kill more people. Great job, Norma.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Norma's face when Norman dropped the word "husband" was just perfect. Pure panic.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Who is working the front desk of the motel these days? I like to think there are tons of guests just driving away when nobody is around to check them in.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Homo Depot posted:

Why does everyone describe Norman as kind, empathetic, sweet, etc? His normal personality comes off kind of dickish to me.
You gotta say whatever it takes to prevent him from descending into an even more psychotic state, but Norma just pissed that opportunity away. Now, judging by the preview for the next episode, Norman's gonna be making a hole in his wall, probably so he can see Norma and Romero gently caress. What a creep.

I wonder how long we're gonna have to wait to see Norman take another scalp. I don't think it's gonna be next episode.

Edit: Wow, Freddie Highmore played Charlie Bucket in that totally forgettable Tim Burton-directed "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory." I was not aware of that.

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Apr 27, 2016

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Norman doesn't like the big TV. Not off to a good start.

poo poo is hitting the fan in slow motion.

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 02:32 on May 3, 2016

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Norma calling Norman on his bullshit :allears: Hahaha

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

hahahaha wow, that's quite a reaction.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Y-Hat posted:

hahahaha wow, that's quite a reaction.
He's like Stan from the earlier seasons of South Park!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Is Norman gonna kill the loving sheriff? Because I feel like he's at least gonna try :cripes:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Somebody's gonna be dead by the end of this episode.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh yeah, Pineview made him "better" alright :shepface:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Oh gently caress :cry: :barf:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Norman's such a little bitch, my god.

He has the emotional maturity of a 10 year old or some poo poo.

e: :stare: Jesus...

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Bad idea, Romero

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I dig the multiple camera angle shots of Norman cutting the same piece of wood.

But yeah, you're around a mentally ill person with an axe. This is not going to end well.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
I wish this show was more popular on here because it's been fantastic this season. Norman with that axe.. so tense.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Yeah, this really is one of the tensest shows on TV.

Norman does kind of have a point when calling Norma a hypocrite though. We saw in the first season or two how controlling she was and how she actively discouraged any independence or outside connection on his part (except with the girl who was only going to live to 25, and thus was not a threat to take Norman away forever). And it used to be her that was instigating most of the creepy inappopriate behavior. In a way she's living with the monster she helped build.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
I really dig when Vera Farmiga gets to just snap and start screaming every few episodes. Her bitching at Norman in the Christmas trees is just so fun to watch.

That last scene with the ax... they know how to play the tension game so very well on this show. We know its going to happen and it's going to be hosed up when it does.

Am I mistaken, or did Freddie Highmore write this episode as well?

I know there's no chance in hell Dylan and Emma make it out, but I really want them to get away and just be happy. Normally I hate that kind of sappy bullshit but I really like both characters, especially together.

• Locked thread