Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

He did write it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

It's gonna suck if/when Freddie Highmore doesn't get nominated for an Emmy.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

esperterra posted:

He did write it.

And Carbonell directed the previous episode.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Great episode this week drat.

Homo Depot
Jun 27, 2007

Studs on sale!
Eh Norma can't be dead yet its too early I think.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Homo Depot posted:

Eh Norma can't be dead yet its too early I think.

I thought they made it pretty clear she was dead but then again the preview seemed to have Norman and Romero fighting in a hospital so maybe not?

Ana Lucia Cortez
Mar 22, 2008

Holy poo poo I can't believe it. Norma is absolutely dead, they wouldn't go to all that trouble to make such a beautiful tragic death scene just to say "syke! lol" next week. Although I do have a feeling she's not 100% dead yet, probably in a vegetative state. But she's definitely not coming back.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ana Lucia Cortez posted:

Holy poo poo I can't believe it. Norma is absolutely dead, they wouldn't go to all that trouble to make such a beautiful tragic death scene just to say "syke! lol" next week. Although I do have a feeling she's not 100% dead yet, probably in a vegetative state. But she's definitely not coming back.

Well, I think they'll probably have Vera Farmiga show up a ton as Norman hallucinating, but Norma herself? Yeah.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
On one hand, I can't imagine that they'd deviate so drastically from the movie, where Norma was believed by the town to have died in a murder/suicide with her lover. Plus it'd be a bit hard to get her body back to the house.

On the other hand, it'd be a bit of a letdown if Norma lived only to be REALLY killed at a later point. It deflates a lot of the tension knowing that it eventually happens if they pull a fake out now.

Then again, I wouldn't have ever expected it to become sorta public (at least with a documented mental doctor) knowledge that Norman channels his mom's personality, so maybe all bets are off.

Ana Lucia Cortez
Mar 22, 2008

I'm honestly kind of devastated over her death, but I'll be pissed if they pull a fake out. This show is better than that.

The writers have said they don't intend to fully stick to the original Psycho backstory, so anything can happen.

What a shocking episode though, my God. All season it really felt like they were building up to Romero's death, or maybe the two of them together. So I wasn't expecting Norma to go like that.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
I love this show, but it's so uncomfortable to watch at so many points; the incestuous under and overtones are distressing. I wish more people watched it though because goddamn the acting is so amazing.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I definitely wasn't expecting Norma to go yet. So was Norman doing this on his own, or did his idealized version of Norma tell him to? Thinking back, Norman was almost certainly blacked out. I really gotta watch this episode again, because not only can I really appreciate the giant red flags now that Norma is almost certainly dead, but I also get to watch it again.
Who made this beautiful work of art?

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 03:14 on May 13, 2016

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Y-Hat posted:

I definitely wasn't expecting Norma to go yet. So was Norman doing this on his own, or did his idealized version of Norma tell him to? Thinking back, Norman was almost certainly blacked out. I really gotta watch this episode again, because not only can I really appreciate the giant red flags now that Norma is almost certainly dead, but I also get to watch it again.

Who made this beautiful work of art?
Vera Farmiga just re-tweeted it, I'm not sure.

I was watching the last scene thinking "aw she's not really dead..." but now I'm thinking that was actually it. It was a fitting "murder" because he did love her and wasn't trying to actually hurt her.

Holy crap though, the stress and sense of the main characters becoming overwhelmed was so intense this episode. Just give the actors all the awards.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

So I was away for a week and didn't get to watch that episode until now.

What the gently caress :staredog:

And that wasn't even the season finale?!

Homo Depot
Jun 27, 2007

Studs on sale!
I'm so used to shows fake killing off characters that this was a surprise. Good on them.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Episode description: "Norma and Norman's relationship is tested."

I, uh, don't think it passed.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

delfin posted:

Episode description: "Norma and Norman's relationship is tested."

I, uh, don't think it passed.

I had a chuckle at that too, and thought it meant a fakeout, but nope, she's dead.

Homo Depot
Jun 27, 2007

Studs on sale!
So he gonna steal the body and stuff her now or is that next season stuff?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hahaha, is Norman's new love interest this mortuary scientist girl?

e: Norman eulogizing Norma for only the funeral home staff is creepy/depressing as gently caress :ohdear:

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 02:45 on May 17, 2016

Homo Depot
Jun 27, 2007

Studs on sale!
What a hosed up funeral.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

"I AM THE POLICE"

:getin:

e: Well that was convenient, just before he could murder Norman!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Is...uhh...is Norman gonna gently caress his dead mom's corpse?

Homo Depot
Jun 27, 2007

Studs on sale!

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Is...uhh...is Norman gonna gently caress his dead mom's corpse?

I don't think so but I appreciate how quickly this is escalating

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Homo Depot posted:

I don't think so but I appreciate how quickly this is escalating
Somehow the most unbelievable show on TV is on A&E.

Like they wouldn't even do this type of poo poo on Game of Thrones.

:stare:

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I heard about your mother, so I thought I'd come over and get murdered.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh my god, this is supposed to be shocking and it is, but with Vera Farmiga's eyes bugging out of her head like that, I can't help but laugh :lol:

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

We usually wait until Tuesday to watch this on demand but I made my kid go to bed early and I am glad I did. Holy poo poo.

Homo Depot
Jun 27, 2007

Studs on sale!
That was a fantastic season finale. I didn't really expect it to go so far in this episode.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Homo Depot posted:

That was a fantastic season finale. I didn't really expect it to go so far in this episode.

Agreed but there's still the final season, what the gently caress is going to happen :stonk:

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Even knowing it would end up this way from day one I didn't expect that to be as disturbing as it was.

There's still a season left? I always assumed Norma's death would be the end and it felt like all of the loose ends had been wrapped up with Dylan gone and Romero locked up. I don't know that I want to see them all come back so Norman can kill them but what the hell else can they do?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Gatdam this show is great. I have to repeat my plea for Freddie Highmore to win all the Emmys.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
That was some fine loving television. Highmore is just amazing at what he does.

So, next season is supposed to adapt Psycho, right? I really hope they pull out all the stops for a final season.

I really kinda hope Dylan and Emma don't show back up for next season, just based on the fact that I like them too much and deserve the clean break, but I have a feeling they'll get drawn back in to catastrophic effect.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
I really want to see a spinoff about this funeral home.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Mortanis posted:

So, next season is supposed to adapt Psycho, right? I really hope they pull out all the stops for a final season.
It'll probably hedge closer to Psycho for next/last season. The show creator mentioned that we'll be seeing Marion Crane.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Norman is so loving nuts I love it.

That ending made me shed a tear. I love this show...

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

That would have been a perfect episode to just end the whole show. One of my favorite things I've seen on TV in a while.

Man, that was just so so good.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Pretty much nothing is creepier than Norma's eyes while she was on the couch.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

SLOSifl posted:

Pretty much nothing is creepier than Norma's eyes while she was on the couch.

That and when Norman pleads with her to let him know "the plan" and her eyes briefly open and look at him.

*shudder*

Next season is going to be really gross. At some point he's going to have to go through the embalming process.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Just caught up with this. This show is sooo hosed up. I really don't think most people even realize how hosed up this show is. drat.

Anyway, I'm gonna miss real_Norma, even though I'm sure the actress will come back as head_Norma, it's definitely not going to the be same. The show's format will be different by default, since previously so much of the show was from her perspective and told as Norma's wacky adventures to get her son therapy while running a motel.

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 19:37 on May 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

On the plus side, we'll be getting a lot more Norman in the last season.

• Locked thread