Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grumpwagon
May 6, 2007
I am a giant assfuck who needs to harden the fuck up.

BloodBag posted:

:zombie:Thread, rise from your grave :zombie:

Posting with some updates. All debts are paid off. The house is paid off. My wife will be taking whatever RMD's (I think like $7k annually at first) that come from her fidelity inherited Roths( ~$380k) and putting them right back into [investment vehicle]. I have no idea what the vehicle would be, I was thinking mutual funds or a brokerage account. Thoughts? The idea is to use this money to eventually retire on (including my 401k)

Most of why I'm posting is because since I no longer have any more credit card debt, I want to close them all. I have proven time and again that I, when given any rope with those things, will hang myself with it. My credit score after all this poo poo is 622. I would have $38,000 available credit across 3 cards. I had considered closing 2 and dropping the limit on the third (oldest) down to like $1000 or something. But with so much money in the bank, relatively speaking, and no debt, I kinda don't want credit cards anymore and don't want to play that game. We have no plans on moving or buying another house or car or anything really. It's pretty much just keep working and living in the lessons we've learned through all this and don't buy dumb poo poo.

I want to close all 3 credit cards and never see a credit card again. Would I be perma-hosed if I did this?

If you have no open lines of credit, your score will be hurt for sure, but if you don't trust yourself with a credit card and you have plenty of money in the bank, I'd say go for it. If you really need a credit score in the future, you can always get a secured credit card and start over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread