Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ObsidianBeast
Jan 17, 2008

SKA SUCKS

BloodBag posted:

I'm only doing the money I can control because frankly, that's really the problem. My wife takes care of the cats, I take care of everything else (minus groceries). It's worked for us for 9 years! (I've just been lovely at credit for all of them)

I think you need to make a totally honest assessment of whether what you're doing is actually working. I'm still not really sure how your finances are laid out, you seem to mix some, but have some separate, but you have debt and she does kinda but you're going to use her money for your debt and you have a budget that covers her expenses except where it doesn't. IMO, you need to either have separate finances or combined finances, but not part way like you have now. I think combined finances work best for a married couple that's on the same team but it's a personal choice. Just be honest with yourself on the what's actually worked in the past, because $57k of non-mortgage debt doesn't sound like it's working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread