Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moana
Jun 18, 2005

one of the more intellectual satire communities on the web
oh lord, a Mini Cooper? the BFC gods taketh away and the BFC gods giveth back.

Also I don't care what kind of inheritance you're getting, that much money on phones is ridiculous. Get a cheaper plan and suck it up, you've already let lifestyle creep eat away $150 every month from you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moana
Jun 18, 2005

BloodBag posted:

Re: Phones. We have two smartphones, mine's a galaxy s4 and hers is an s5 that I'm still paying that $20/month thing to t-mobile for replacing her previous phone. I hate it. We both have unlimited talk&text through a shared plan and the data plans are like 3Gb each. We really like t-mobile and at the time it seemed a cheaper option than at&t or verizon. Once all the stuff with the estate dies down a bit, I'll start worrying about the phones. I'm juggling too many things at the same time to add another, but I will revisit. Maybe I just check t-mobile's site or call em up for a break?
I don't know what coverage you have, but an option like the Republic Wireless option would save you crapton over the long haul. Mine is $10/mo I think for unlimited talk and text. No data plan, but with your debt that's a luxury and you can buy cheap bulk data through republic if you really needed to.

Also my goodness, your HOA is almost 40% of your mortgage. And you're not budgeting for home repair. I know you think this trust is going to make all your problems vanish, but right now you are spending above your means by a long shot. I agree with the other posters - your wife needs to not let you touch that money. You're going to use her dead father's money to pay off your stupid debt? And your parents are encouraging you to spend even more? It looks like you come from a family with lovely financial responsibility. How do you plan to break that cycle? And how on earth do you not know how much debt she's in? Start communicating!

moana
Jun 18, 2005

It would definitely hurt your credit. Why not keep the lines open, and just cut up the cards so you don't spend anything on them?

also congrats!!! :toot:

• Locked thread