Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dwight Eisenhower
Jan 24, 2006

Indeed, I think that people want peace so much that one of these days governments had better get out of the way and let them have it.

BloodBag posted:

We're going to Fidelity in a few minutes to see how to stretch the inherited roths as long as possible. I'll hopefully get a check soon to knock off one of the loans (foundation/consolidation) in the next few days. I just got moved around at my job and now have my own office. I have no idea if this is good or bad, but hopefully something good will come of it... Hopefully these ynab shots show something of a budget (at least on my end).

At a minimum they probably want to retain you by giving you your own office and spending the time and labor to move you into it.

That of course may mean that they're resorting to the office to retain you instead of money but v:shobon:v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dwight Eisenhower
Jan 24, 2006

Indeed, I think that people want peace so much that one of these days governments had better get out of the way and let them have it.
You have to make the best decision for you. That said:

You have had physical possession of these credit cards while getting them to a $0 balance. If you can climb out of the hole, you can also avoid falling into it.
You will increase your debt utilization for every card you close, which will reduce your credit score, but if you aren't applying for a mortgage your credit score shouldn't matter to you.
Relying solely on cash / checks / ach seems like a good idea until all your money in one financial institution becomes unavailable because that institution is going haywire. You might want to open a second account at another bank/CU/whatever so that one going down doesn't mean you can't access your money at all.

You've been making a financial plan and executing on that plan. THAT is the important part and whether or not you have credit cards or open credit card accounts is secondary. If you spend money with a credit card that you haven't planned for you're going off the plan. If you can continue to make plans and execute them, the financial tools you make available to you are not relevant.

• Locked thread