Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Cuckowskis? Wacuckskis? Help me out here Gbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

a bay posted:

Help me out here Gbs

nice av

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Profondo Rosso posted:

On one hand, they made the Matrix. On the other, they made Jupiter Ascending.
Okay it's not really a contest the Wachoswki's suck

edit: talking purely about their ability to make movies here i dont give a poo poo about their personal lives

double edit: lol at posters defending irans record on gay rights

basicaly, they got lucky. then they doubled down on the lovely stuff in the sequel because some proto-hipsters talked about how deeeep the movies were. matrix 2 is at least ok and only starts to blow rear end in the last 20 min. 3 just sucks. V for vendetta is ok but its kinda sucks because it misses alot of the points of comics and is just a basically a " gently caress YOU" to the GOP instead. havent seen cloud atlas and jupiter acceding sucks as does their tv show.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

God drat the Fifth Element remake looks like shiiiiit.

Moltke
May 13, 2009
Cloud Atlas was good conceptually but that's just because of the source material. Everything the Wachowskis brought to the table was dogshit.

Sense8 is also incoherent garbage.

It really feels like something else is going on here. Will we ever know what? Probably not.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Dapper_Swindler posted:

basicaly, they got lucky. then they doubled down on the lovely stuff in the sequel because some proto-hipsters talked about how deeeep the movies were. matrix 2 is at least ok and only starts to blow rear end in the last 20 min. 3 just sucks. V for vendetta is ok but its kinda sucks because it misses alot of the points of comics and is just a basically a " gently caress YOU" to the GOP instead. havent seen cloud atlas and jupiter acceding sucks as does their tv show.

Cloud atlas was horrible

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Both are 16 pinters.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

sense8 is trash that is getting so widely praised based purely on how progressive it is. kinda weird imo

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
jupiter ascending was loving aweosme bc of that scene where they attack the minefield around the space station. man that was so cool. also eddie redmayne's unbelievably inappropriate performance3. dude was way too hype for a movie abou ta space cat and a toilet cleaner.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

i am so mad at everyone who sad bad things about jupiter ascending or didn't go to see it becuase you took away my chance at a sequel full of more awesome visual sequences, idiots.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

i;m all for giant blockbuster visual extravaganzas i just prefer they have things like a "plot" or "three dimensional characters"

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Profondo Rosso posted:

i;m all for giant blockbuster visual extravaganzas i just prefer they have things like a "plot" or "three dimensional characters"

being gay is a dimension

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Profondo Rosso posted:

bite your tongue

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

anyway, this one had a plot, it involved a toilet cleaner lady and a space cat man and an evil empire of galactic capitalism, as for characters i can' treally say

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

literally on par w most of what robert heinlein wrote, and he's considerd one of The Greats

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

what i am saying is that people who like sci fi are dumb loving baby idiots ,and i love sci fi always have always will

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

nomadologique posted:

literally on par w most of what robert heinlein wrote, and he's considerd one of The Greats

it would be a heinlein plot if they were also all banging each other

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
The red haired one does actually look more or less like a real woman.

But y'know, you can kinda just tell. You really can, it's like there's something there that doesn't seem to fit.

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

Cloud Atlas was great. Everything else is unwatchable trash.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Is Silent Bob the pink hair one now?

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

lynch_69 posted:

Cloud Atlas was great. Everything else is unwatchable trash.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Maoist Pussy posted:

n

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Unrelated but there was a tv show called "Bosom Buddies" about 2 dudes who pretend to be women or something, never seen it and I dont throw words like this aroundwilly nilly but it actually does sound like it might be pretty cissexist. Ill check it out and make a thread so you all can tell me what you think

med_tech
Mar 10, 2016

by Lowtax

Maoist Pussy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l75zjpDpAWs

this is u and meph

u need to have a little faith in that man

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
White Chicks Wayans were more believable looking women.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

vug posted:

theyve probably just got a genetic hormonal disorder.

that makes sense actually

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
:siren: A second scalpel has just hit the Wachowkis! :siren:

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i feel bad for transsexuals b/c two thirds of plastic surgery patients end up regretting it later in life and the transsexual activists jump right up your rear end if you're not fully satisfied later and tell anybody
I really need to find something that has this all proper and sited so I can throw it at people sometimes.

Not because I have anything against trans people I just hate bad group think. Yes I know post on SA etc

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

I thought the race and gender bending in that movie was clever.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
they didn't direct V for Vendetta guys, they only wrote for it

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Zzulu posted:

they didn't direct V for Vendetta guys, they only wrote for it

makes sense since the writign on that movie was the worst part

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
There is a thing called "autogynophilia" which is basically the blue pill on steroids where you become your own girlfriend

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
There is basically no reason not to become a hot lesbian, assuming it would actually work.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

a bay posted:

There is a thing called "autogynophilia" which is basically the blue pill on steroids where you become your own girlfriend

It's also not considered a legit medical reason for a sex change, which is why so many internet troons sit around trying to find ways around the mental health screenings and get super mad about "gatekeepers"

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634

med_tech posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l75zjpDpAWs

this is u and meph

u need to have a little faith in that man

Sry about ur mental illness

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

nomadologique posted:

what i am saying is that people who like sci fi are dumb loving baby idiots ,and i love sci fi always have always will

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

nomadologique posted:

i am so mad at everyone who sad bad things about jupiter ascending or didn't go to see it becuase you took away my chance at a sequel full of more awesome visual sequences, idiots.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
hey, at least they didn't decide to be six-year-old sisters

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Mange Mite posted:

It's also not considered a legit medical reason for a sex change, which is why so many internet troons sit around trying to find ways around the mental health screenings and get super mad about "gatekeepers"

There's no legit medical reason for a sex change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

ghlbtsk posted:

hey, at least they didn't decide to be six-year-old sisters

yet

• Locked thread