Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
meselfs
Sep 26, 2015

The body may die, but the soul is always rotten
Awesome bear indeed! And... fearsome looking; my three year old daughter loves everything ursus (I've tricked her into believing they only eat berries and honey. Not far from truth in our parts actually), but she was actually a bit taken back by these pictures.

More awesome Canadian bears randomly caught on webcam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AihvuZiDhsg

Bears in Oregon are pussies. I've seen a few, they just run away. There's actually no recorded case of a bear ever killing a human around here.

quote:

There was suddenly a meaty THUD sound, an annoyed half-growl/yelp, then the sound of something large crunching through the brush in the opposite direction. Best I figure, a black bear walked head-first into a tree and ran off.

The black bear's clumsiness is not exaggerated; they say you can outrun a bear if it's steep downhill, they often lose footing and start tumbling. I've heard of bears accidentally crashing through the woods into humans, and running off terrified.

But, if they attack, they mean it, unlike others which might stop after you die, play dead, or go limp. Black bears will eat you if they decide to get close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meselfs
Sep 26, 2015

The body may die, but the soul is always rotten

Picnic Princess posted:

I wish there was a way I could access all the remote camera data here because then I could find some neat photos of me. I've noticed quite a few cameras in quite a few different places, and there's definitely going to be a lot more that I happened to walk past.

Hah, well... if they upload their images in realtime (most don't I would guess), you can pretty easily setup a computer at home to snag the images off the internet, go pose, and come home to find your portrait. Did this last year going to the beach with the fam, it was fun :).

• Locked thread