Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Rosenborg good, rest very bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L. Ron Mexico
May 14, 2005

wisdom

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.
So we're getting Deila next season.

http://www.vg.no/sport/fotball/tippeligaen/bekreftet-deila-klar-for-vaalerenga/a/23738938/

I wonder if he's ready for OBOS-ligaen at the rate things are going.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
Don't worry. We won't get relegated. The squad is ...oh who am I kidding...

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
3-1 against the swedes :toot:

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.
Football is poo poo.

Winning a game might be fun.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Winning is overrated imo

L. Ron Mexico
May 14, 2005

å vinne er for strebere

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

Insurrectionist posted:

Winning is overrated imo
No it's cool and good, go go team ten goals in the last two home games! :dance:

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

like watching the most beautiful ballerina on the best stage
This season is so weird. In a good way.

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

Winning seems like a cool and good thing. Let's do this again.

Max Manus
Oct 25, 2004

Saboteur par excellence.
Nap Ghost
loving finally :unsmith:

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
Winning, signing new players and preparing for a new season with Ronny Deila at the helm. AND a new stadium.

Hopefully we won't get relegated.

Max Manus
Oct 25, 2004

Saboteur par excellence.
Nap Ghost
And then we are back to business as usual :smith:

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

Hahaha this season keeps getting better. gently caress you Odd!

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

Fact: every single football team with white home jerseys suck balls

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
What happened to Brann? They signed alot of Vålerenga rejects and suddenly turned top-3? I don't get this.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

azathosk posted:

What happened to Brann? They signed alot of Vålerenga rejects and suddenly turned top-3? I don't get this.

Turns out you actually gave us all your best players :getin:

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

I'm a bit unsure about what happened on monday, we were good, I had a great time at the game and we scored goals.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Only the misery of other teams can distract from impending relegation. So, thanks for that RBK.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

Huseklepp rejected a new contract from Brann :(

Hope they find an agreement.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
Wow! Round 19 kicks off today. Wonder if Rosenborg plays this round.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game

azathosk posted:

Wow! Round 19 kicks off today. Wonder if Rosenborg plays this round.

What, isn't this season done yet?

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Football is back on probation but if we revert back to poo poo games without results it can gently caress off

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA
gently caress yea! :cool:

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
I love football. Now if we just win against Brann next weekend and LSK continues to drop points...

Looking forward to round 29 already.

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

azathosk posted:

Now if we just win against Brann next weekend
No, I think you should lose that match. After that I don't really care what you do, although it would be funny if you got relegated so maybe try that? :shobon:

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA
Well gently caress, that's bitter. :(

But fun match, and well done to the Oslo boys. The Karadas/Wæhler dual bandage spot kind of sums up the match!

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

Brann has signed Børven on loan out the year with option to buy. Another ex-VIF player in lol

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
We got this players:

Ernest Agyiri (on loan) from Manchester CIty
Thomas Elsebutangen from Pors Grenland
Kristoffer Hay from Hønefoss
Markus Nakkim back from loan at Strømmen
Magnus Retsius Grødem from Bryne

Not one above 20. What is this evil sorcery that prevents us from getting broken, over the hill and old forwards/midfielders?

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
If LSK lose against Stabæk today I think they'll be one of the last three teams in the league.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I see Høgmo is dedicated to spreading the abject misery I feel every round to the rest of Norway for our first WC qualifier. Some laughable inclusions in that squad. I mean, even our 'best' squad wouldn't stand much of a chance but that's no reason to bring deadwood along.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
Why didn't he pick Rogne and Eikrem?

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
gently caress yes! I love football. Seven games unbeaten, and LSK still managing to getting mixed up in the relegation zone.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

*fart*

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Hard to believe that logo's not a parody, I mean the lion's one thing since at least there's a justification for it but the colors too? That's just too loving blatant.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?

"All the good leagues have a lion as their logo. Just look at the English Premier League and the Bu...La...Ligu....SCOTTISH PREMIER LEAGUE!"

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
The worst part of watching this nonsense is the feeling of dread that we'll scrape by with a mere 2-goal loss against a distinctly bored B-team Germany and media/NFF will be full of platitudes about how the team showed lots of promise and things are still progressing fine or whatever.

King was the only player who looked like an actual international-level footballer once the ball crossed the midfield line, and while I like him and he didn't look too bad we really don't need our sole striker to shine in possession and duels near the center circle while the team as a whole is managing not a single shot against Belarus at home.

E:disregarding my opinions on Eikrem/Selnæs/Johansen individually (poo poo for the NT, slow as gently caress, poo poo respectively), they make a tragically slow and plodding midfield combined.

Insurrectionist fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Aug 31, 2016

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
If I have children soon maybe they'll get to see Norway manage to qualify for a 32-team Euro if they live until they're 90.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Lol the second half was even worse

Also I've fully accepted now that however good players like Ødegaard or Samuelsen may look in brief moments, striding past players or finding a key pass, they're never gonna actually be good for Norway because their way of playing assumes the rest of their team is capable of basic ball-control and actually taking the pace of the game. Samuelsen only played 20 or whatever minutes tonight, yet time and again he'd pick an offensive pass and the recipient would be caught on their heels not ready to receive it, sometimes so literally they were stuck still watching the ball run over the line 10 feet ahead of them, or completely miscontrol it and spill to a Belarus player immediately. Furthermore even when that doesn't happen it's because they give it to a player that does have the time and space to react and then proceeds to do nothing with it. It's a paradox where however good their offensive involvements actually are, the rest of the team is too incompetent to do ANYTHING with it, and so their defensive liabilities (though to be fair Samuelsen was harrying Belarus more than any other Norway player at the end there) aren't outweighed by their technical skills unless they manage to literally just walk through the entire defense AND score by themselves, which they don't, because for their talent they're still not world-class or anything.