Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Who will replace Høgmo and when?

Solbakken asap would probably be the best, but I bet we'll get Per Joar Hansen or something in a year's time. Maybe Semb 2.0.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
I've just utterly lost interest at this point. In our group it would take something very special to even place 2nd, so Høgmo can stay another two years for all I care. All our interesting players are in their early 20s(or even younger) so if they continue to develop we'll have a very interesting team in a few years.

Just a shame RBK bombed out of europe, and Tippeligaen seems done and dusted(at least the top and bottom spots). Bring on the next year.

L. Ron Mexico
May 14, 2005

rear end cobra posted:

Who will replace Høgmo and when?

Solbakken asap would probably be the best, but I bet we'll get Per Joar Hansen or something in a year's time. Maybe Semb 2.0.

don't really see why solbakken would even want the job at this point. He's in probably the nicest "big" city in scandinavia, the fans adore the him, he's getting regular hj's in the press, he get's to actually win stuff and even qualifies for international tounaments and everything. poo poo, I'd say player for player the FCK team is probably a good bit better than the norwegian national team anyway...

all of this probably applies to basically any half-successful coach unfortunately, so I guess Per Joar it is! followed by a revolving door of other guys who bombed out as RBK manager

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Thank gently caress Start are even worse than us.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?

Insurrectionist posted:

Thank gently caress Start are even worse than us.

Start will win one -1- match this season, and it will be against Lillestrøm at Åråsen.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

like watching the most beautiful ballerina on the best stage
Weird match, awful ref, but three points :toot:

Actually, awful is too nice. Worst ref performance I've seen in a long, long time.

Puseklepp fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Sep 18, 2016

Max Manus
Oct 25, 2004

Saboteur par excellence.
Nap Ghost
http://www.rb.no/lsk/runar-kristinsson/skedsmo/runar-kristinsson-har-fatt-sparken/s/5-43-360073

About loving time, but too little too late.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
Arne Erlandsen is LSKs new head coach. I still think you're getting relegated.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I'm kinda sad Start passed double-digits, it would have been fun if they finished below that

I hope LSK, Stabæk and Glimt lose all their remaining games so we stay up

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

Aw :(

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

Oh no

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Other peoples ignorance puts food on my table.
:toot: :toot: :toot:

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Happy with the gold, but a weak Rosenborg winning this overwhelmingly just shows what a garbage state Norwegian football is in at the moment. Still, Seriemester! and gently caress you Molde!

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Other peoples ignorance puts food on my table.
It was a great day.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Congrats Rosenborg

Today was a good day of football, except for Haugesund letting Start get a win the useless fucks. The 0-win season dream is over...

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
I see Edvardsen is doing his thing again. Thought he had improved since it's been a few months since his last scandal.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

Siding with Edvardsen on this one though. Edvardsen gave them a fair chance to speak up about who should have the red but the players decided not to say anything until after the match when they whined to media.

Puseklepp fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Sep 26, 2016

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
It's not up to the players to decide when there's a foul, that's why there's a ref on the pitch.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

Lurgy posted:

It's not up to the players to decide when there's a foul, that's why there's a ref on the pitch.

It's ok for players to speak up and correct the ref if they feel it's wrong when the ref specifically asks them to speak up. But I guess it's better to make it into a big media deal and a NFF complaint instead.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
You wouldnt expect a player to tell the ref that he dived or handballed, so why should you expect them to tell the ref when they caused a penalty? If the referee needs to get confirmation from his assistant he should do so, without trying to shove responsibility onto the players.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

Lurgy posted:

You wouldnt expect a player to tell the ref that he dived or handballed, so why should you expect them to tell the ref when they caused a penalty? If the referee needs to get confirmation from his assistant he should do so, without trying to shove responsibility onto the players.

Yeah, he should have just given Kippe the red card based on what the assistant saw without starting any conversation with the players cause it obviously opened up a can of worms. But the players were given a chance to have the right player sent off and didn't capitalize on that. Instead they whine in media. And then Edvardsen admittedly goes off the rail in defending his actions. Instead, the players could have shut up and let it go since they know fully well refs gently caress up every match but this time they were actually given a chance to rectify it which they passed on.

Edit: misread something so edited some stuff out.

Puseklepp fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Sep 26, 2016

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
I agree with Edvardsen on this one, although I would probably be mad as hell if he did this to my team.

This just backfires on LSK. It's great that they use all their energy on debating Edvardsen through the media instead of focusing on just doing better...

I'm starting to be a bit worried about Vålerenga. We've become poo poo the last few games and have a pretty hard schedule, and we will have to fight hard to avoid relegation. I tried to guess the last games of the season and got this table (used this calculator http://www.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/nor-eliteserien/):

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

Man I hate playing Sogndal.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
So ... new round tomorrow! What? No? Stupid WC-qualification...

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Looking forward to the mighty Norwegians play a dreary game and achieve a result which won't matter as we'll inevitably be 1 - 3 points off second place once group stage is finished anyway

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Sober Saturday night watching the Norway game. Kill me now please

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
lol

PMH Raus!!

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.
I don't have enough beer for this poo poo.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Let me readjust my prediction to 10 - 13 points off second place. I know we usually go for the bitter disappointment after a long tunnel of hope route but this is looking more like a <5 point qualifier at the moment

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.
Bring back old man Frode Johnsen and ping long balls at his head. Even that would work better than whatever we're trying to do now.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Grimble posted:

Bring back old man Frode Johnsen and ping long balls at his head. Even that would work better than whatever we're trying to do now.

:agreed:

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Remember when we had 9 mediocre players and a couple good ones that could do all the work, instead of 11 poo poo players?

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

What is the point of Skjelbred? Can't shoot, can't cross.

Bringing on Samuelsen would be better, he might actually do a thing.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I could be fine with this result if I thought it might lead to some actual competent leadership. Unfortunately I estimate about 50% chance Høgmo is still allowed to continue and 50% chance another poo poo Norwegian manager gets appointed instead.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
loving hell this is so poo poo

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I don't understand how NFF still have their jobs

Like, all of them. Maybe the janitor can stay.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Can't wait to hear PMH mangle his 'r'-s and tell us how happy he is with the performance

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

:suicide:

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Azerbaijan deserved 2 - 0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Whats Ivar Morten Nordmark doing these days?