Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

straight up brolic posted:

haha who even had the idea to build a football stadium in Sogndal? their stadium is much nicer looking than I thought it would be! Beautiful place.

It's the best looking thing in their tiny hamlet tbh

Anyway the OP lies because we're definitely going down, I will now present my evidence:
- Local coaching team with little to no clue despite performing pretty average last season. Sure would be great if they had their poo poo together but they won't.
- Sold all our good players. Grytebust (even if he was slightly dodgy), Barrantes, James, Dyrestam, the list goes on. To replace them we've got a bunch of kids, Franck Boli who could be okay I guess, and possibly Riise who may be good enough for the TL but will almost certainly lead to hilarious drama and division in the player-group or conflict with Fredriksen at some point. Thrandarsson looked like he had potential last year but the others I'm fairly skeptical about. Now that said we did also pick up Edwin Gyasi who I know nothing about but he's young and got 29 games for Roda last year so he can't be TOO awful I hope. But honestly, I'm mostly worried about having an absolutely poo poo defense and not nearly enough venom up front to make up for that.
- It's about time we went down again, haven't been relegated since 2005 which means we're clearly overstaying our welcome.

Just thank gently caress we're not still employing Aabrek and fighting against relegation from OBOS-ligaen this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Figured you'd be turning it around this year, start to look towards promotion again. Finances bad or just clueless people on the sporting side of things?

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
We're gonna lose tonight, but hell, I'll hope for a win

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Signed up with my half-assed 10 minute set-up. Gonna win this thing and definitely not forgot about it by the 5th round, for sure

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
At some point the ball has to roll into Stabæk's net, right?

Right?

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
On my fantasy team too!

Would have been my captain but he didn't show up on the drop-down and I have no idea how the details of this poo poo works so I made some other dude my captain instead :negative:

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
drat Bærum-thugs injuring our players...hopefully there won't be any long-term damage at least.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
My butt was well clenched the last 5 minutes but I'll take it

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I've got Skjelvik as my captain so go the Rosenborgs, don't concede

But on the other hand it's RBK, so go Odd imo

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I didn't watch past the first 30 but I'm glad

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I'd like to thank Rosenborg, Molde, Strømsgodset for being poo poo and letting us other teams lead the league for a round at least.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

azathosk posted:

I made a fantasy league at the tv2 manager. Code: 975371-195774

More people should join, imo

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Thassa really good goal

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

why are there only like 2,000 people in a 30,000 person stadium

VIF haven't been able to get close to filling their stadium for ages, also the early start has murdered attendance so far this round so I expect it's the same here. I know we had our third lowest home attendance ever...despite being the league kick-off game, against a perfectly decent opponent, on a nice clear-weather evening (usually lots of rain here). Norwegians love winter-sports and those are still in full swing here, we've had several WC medals/wins in various winter-sports stuff over the weekend on home ground, so lots of supporters are probably attending/watching those instead.

That said Viking are usually a team that brings a good number of fans to away-games so this place is still a bit disappointingly bare overall.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
VIF don't look very venomous in the box

Also, lol

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Maybe they should practice shooting the ball at the goal, and also defending

Though the first goal couldn't really be helped

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

deshorn brown is a loving bottler

He's the kinda player that occasionally looks real good, but mostly looks real bad

like today

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Fotball, is good. This time.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Another week passes, another weekend of spastically kicking a ball in effort to emulate actual good footballers awaits us. Starting tomorrow with Tromsø - Start, in what must surely be an effort from NFF to find a match even less exciting for the average fan than last week's opener for round 2. The big games this week are Rosenborg - Strømsgodset and Stabæk - Molde, not a single one of which managed to take home the three points last week presumably due to being poo poo although I didn't watch most of them. Let's hope for some Stabæk and Strømsgodset points!

The mighty Aalesund will hopefully clobber the sund down south, and not at all repeat our dismal away-form from every last season with a tepid performance, clown defending and lots of wasted chances.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Insurrectionist posted:

what must surely be an effort from NFF to find a match even less exciting for the average fan than last week's opener

Solid work.

Thankfully since I didn't care about either team I had the option to not watch, which was good.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Update: football sucks, in predictable ways

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Can't believe I watched that game. If possible we were even worse than in the play-offs.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Football sucks!

Also wow why are our keepers always so dodgy geez

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
God drat how any 1v1s against Hansen do we need to get a goal?

just give Rosenborg the win already

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Have to focus on the league you know.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Molde bad

Sadly, we also bad

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Jesus Christ I swear we're something like 0 for 10 scoring 1 on 1 with the keeper since the first matchday. At least we're still leading but we've already wasted multiple 1 - 0 leads this season so I don't feel comfortable at all.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
What the gently caress is going on

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I'll let football out on probation but this trend of big wins better continue!

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
A Bad Sport

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

L. Ron Mexico posted:

all in life is pain

I thought last season was a little bit of a fluke, yikes at that table.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
A league with only bad teams

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Cup is for small clubs IMO

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Wow, a clean sheet AND a goal? You can do that? I'm starting to think we haven't actually been doing that well this season...

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
As a pleb I can REFUTE the idea that football is for plebs; CONFIRM that football is a bad sport (although strangely, it is good this weekend).

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
A new weekend, new games of famous bad sport Football are upon us, this time also featuring for some reason an NT friendly against Portugal because gently caress it.

I'd usually complain about my bad + poo poo team but it's getting boring and we won last week so I can't be bothered, instead let's complain about Høgmo's increasing incompetence itt. If slotting players into a football team was like matching shapes in kindergarten, our national team has some really promising round pegs coming up that do well at their clubs, but struggle to find their form for their country. Meanwhile all our squares are cracked into pieces and nobody has seen a triangle for years, so Høgmo keeps trying to push the round pegs into the square and triangle holes instead.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Winning is overrated imo

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Only the misery of other teams can distract from impending relegation. So, thanks for that RBK.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Football is back on probation but if we revert back to poo poo games without results it can gently caress off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I see Høgmo is dedicated to spreading the abject misery I feel every round to the rest of Norway for our first WC qualifier. Some laughable inclusions in that squad. I mean, even our 'best' squad wouldn't stand much of a chance but that's no reason to bring deadwood along.