Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Hard to believe that logo's not a parody, I mean the lion's one thing since at least there's a justification for it but the colors too? That's just too loving blatant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
The worst part of watching this nonsense is the feeling of dread that we'll scrape by with a mere 2-goal loss against a distinctly bored B-team Germany and media/NFF will be full of platitudes about how the team showed lots of promise and things are still progressing fine or whatever.

King was the only player who looked like an actual international-level footballer once the ball crossed the midfield line, and while I like him and he didn't look too bad we really don't need our sole striker to shine in possession and duels near the center circle while the team as a whole is managing not a single shot against Belarus at home.

E:disregarding my opinions on Eikrem/Selnæs/Johansen individually (poo poo for the NT, slow as gently caress, poo poo respectively), they make a tragically slow and plodding midfield combined.

Insurrectionist fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Aug 31, 2016

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Lol the second half was even worse

Also I've fully accepted now that however good players like Ødegaard or Samuelsen may look in brief moments, striding past players or finding a key pass, they're never gonna actually be good for Norway because their way of playing assumes the rest of their team is capable of basic ball-control and actually taking the pace of the game. Samuelsen only played 20 or whatever minutes tonight, yet time and again he'd pick an offensive pass and the recipient would be caught on their heels not ready to receive it, sometimes so literally they were stuck still watching the ball run over the line 10 feet ahead of them, or completely miscontrol it and spill to a Belarus player immediately. Furthermore even when that doesn't happen it's because they give it to a player that does have the time and space to react and then proceeds to do nothing with it. It's a paradox where however good their offensive involvements actually are, the rest of the team is too incompetent to do ANYTHING with it, and so their defensive liabilities (though to be fair Samuelsen was harrying Belarus more than any other Norway player at the end there) aren't outweighed by their technical skills unless they manage to literally just walk through the entire defense AND score by themselves, which they don't, because for their talent they're still not world-class or anything.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Thank gently caress Start are even worse than us.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I'm kinda sad Start passed double-digits, it would have been fun if they finished below that

I hope LSK, Stabæk and Glimt lose all their remaining games so we stay up

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Congrats Rosenborg

Today was a good day of football, except for Haugesund letting Start get a win the useless fucks. The 0-win season dream is over...

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Looking forward to the mighty Norwegians play a dreary game and achieve a result which won't matter as we'll inevitably be 1 - 3 points off second place once group stage is finished anyway

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Let me readjust my prediction to 10 - 13 points off second place. I know we usually go for the bitter disappointment after a long tunnel of hope route but this is looking more like a <5 point qualifier at the moment

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Remember when we had 9 mediocre players and a couple good ones that could do all the work, instead of 11 poo poo players?

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I could be fine with this result if I thought it might lead to some actual competent leadership. Unfortunately I estimate about 50% chance Høgmo is still allowed to continue and 50% chance another poo poo Norwegian manager gets appointed instead.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I don't understand how NFF still have their jobs

Like, all of them. Maybe the janitor can stay.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Azerbaijan deserved 2 - 0

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Hopefully San Marino win, that way Høgmo will be forced to go and San Marino's Brave Boys will finally have another win under their belt. I'll also take a draw, or any other result that results in Høgmo disappearing.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
We're REALLY bad

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Hell, I'm glad

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Grimble posted:

Will Høgmo bring on Elyounoussi or Samuelsen tonight? Orr is he simply too thick?

we gotta secure the result you madman, defensive changes only

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Aww man, another goal. Now Høgmo is surely safe after a dominating victory!

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Football: good sport, for good people who will play in the TL next year

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Football was bad for a while, but turned out to be good after all. Except for Rosenborg winning everything while embarrassing themselves in Europe anyway. Time to wonder if next season will be another lovely relegation-battle or lofty dreams of a medal that slowly trickle away over the final few rounds.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Congratulations for staying up, and to Brann for the silver I suppose. As for AaFK's finish in the land of mediocrity, it really would be cool if we considered sometimes being good for MORE than half a season at a time, but at least we aren't getting relegated I guess.

condolences to euroboy if he still lives, which it seems he doesn't, rip

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I'm doing lots of lol at Stabæk but I'm not sure I want every single player in AaFK getting injured playing on Jerv's '''''pitch''''' next season so I will have to reluctantly cheer them on in the second leg anyway

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Looking exceptionally photogenic there Deila.

Anyway I know it's probably automatically generated in some way (the alternative makes no sense) but lol anyway.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Could have been worse. Didn't see how long he's staying on for, would be a significantly less interesting pick if it's just til the end of qualifiers since even he can't get us through at this point.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Probably won't find anyone making the effort until the new season is close to starting, but it can't hurt

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
What a time to be alive

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I usually forget about my fantasy teams within 5 rounds. Maybe this year...

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Well, the round proper is finally here and it's time to suss which teams are proper garbage this year around, spoiler alert two of them have already played today

Seems nobody including me could be hosed to make a new thread but we're only at 300 posts so we can always just reuse this one. The OP is useless now of course but I'm not sure how many new TL EL followers we're really gonna get anyway I'm pretty sure everyone knows what's up.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Update: Football, is bad

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Maybe Brahahahaha

But seriously, stop letting all the other teams get wins, 'good' teams. It's loving us over almost as much as we're loving ourselves over.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I hope we're not gonna enter a trend of grinding out results against good teams but losing to all the other bad teams this season. I shouldn't complain after the last three games, but eternal pessimism reigns.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Veldwijk is Really Bad at scoring

However this is immaterial as Molde can get hosed, finally!

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Lots of big teams making GBS threads the bed this year really. I'm just glad we didn't choke against the biggest shitters of all (sorry Stavanger)

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
It's kind of impressive what a disaster this season has been for them. Usually top clubs imploding can at least rely on some tiny perennially relegation-threatened clubs doing even worse to prop them up a couple places, but Viking are just dead last.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Football: it's good
Will be interesting to see if Molde manage to get anything away at Odd

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Grimble posted:

Football is loving poo poo. Dull, feckless poo poo.

11 out of 11 Odd players agree

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
No team wants that top spot for now, I guess they're all biding their time to sprint for the finish 15 games from now or something

And this match is really a bit painful watching Viking defend like this

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Her Dryer posted:

Curious Celtic fan here: has Delia done well since he got the job there? He seemed well out of his depth with us but was quite likeable all the same.

Definitely considered to be underperforming somewhat so far, but that's based on him doing really well last time he was in the TL combined with VIF fans demanding medals every season even when their squad isn't good enough to compete for them leading to somewhat overinflated expectations. With the table so constricted now (besides Viking anyway) it could change in a couple matchdays really.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Always sucks when storied and well-supported teams drop into huge slumps like FFK have. Will the team survive 2nd division economically if it comes to that? The OBOS table isn't looking so crazy in terms of salvaging a spot next season (naturally this early in the season) but obviously being literally the worst team there so far doesn't lend huge hopes for a resurge in form either.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I'm sure glad we keep loving up all these games we could take more points in but graciously gift them away with embarrassing howlers or incompetence in front of goal, really cheapens the actually good results in a way that's just right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
This AaFK - Odd match reminds me of the U21 England vs Norway game from a couple years ago or whenever it was when we looked amazing for 20 minutes or so without scoring and then conceded 6. Except this time, it's the cool and good team that gets to win???

Also drat this thread's dead now huh, RIP every Norwegian poster. I wasn't even good at posting here regularly last year since it was a bad + terrible season and now I'm basically reanimating its corpse on my own.