Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Hurray, it's a new thread!

You got a lot of teams in your relegation zone, by the way!

I'm just thrilled this thing is back on starting this weekend, and we get to start it off by losing to Odd.

Hurray!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game

Zwachro posted:

I really like how RBK isn't in the team listing!

Yeah, I think the VIF boys are angry about something.

Grimble posted:

18:00 Odd - Rosenborg

Will be interesting to see if the title favourites can start with wins. All 4 of them play at home against noted bad teams.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
It's that there club that selnæs used to play for, and soon to be former club of superstars like Helland and Svensson

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game

straight up brolic posted:

why are there only like 2,000 people in a 30,000 person stadium

It's the national teams stadium, VIF are just renting space cause they're the only Oslo team worth a drat. Also it's a pretty cold monday evening and the skiing season is still on for another few weeks.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game

Insurrectionist posted:

Maybe they should practice shooting the ball at the goal, and also defending

Though the first goal couldn't really be helped

Rekdals reaction to the second one was priceless though. Someone's gonna get an earful in the dressing room.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Just as you start to think it's gonna end 0-0, two goals seal the tree points! :feelsgood:

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game

Insurrectionist posted:

God drat how any 1v1s against Hansen do we need to get a goal?

just give Rosenborg the win already

Two very good goalkeeper perfomances in that match. We may have had more chances, but Hansen kicked rear end when he needed to.

And Molde dropped points, we're top of the league!

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
We have our ways. Rosenborg for instance fly in a new pitch of grass every two years or so and roll it out just before the season kicks off. This year the season started really early and as a result our pitch fell apart completely in our first home match as it hadn't settled in yet, and there were still some issues last night. Portable greenhouses are also fairly common to get the grass growing properly if it's still cold outside, along with under-soil heating of course.

Edit: Oh and don't just trust the pictures. If you're impressed with how shiny and green the grass is, that could just be paint.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Rosenborg looking very good these days. Odd and Molde loving up. Life is good.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
The last year or two I've quietly accepted that elabdellaoui is Norway's #1 right back. Svensson is now #1 in the world. No bias there BTW.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Used to us facing defensive teams and having to take control of matches and try to wittle them down over the course of 90 minutes.

Thing is, I think we're starting to get good at it!

Football is good, life is good.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Norway, the country where the best players are all right backs.

Rosenborg-Molde will be good though, and we'll be seeing off Dorsin after a long and strong career with us. It also looks like the first match of the year that I won't have to bring a coat. Hurray, footy!

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game

Lurgy posted:

Rosenborg-Molde will be good though, and we'll be seeing off Dorsin after a long and strong career with us. It also looks like the first match of the year that I won't have to bring a coat. Hurray, footy!

This all went ahead as predicted. One hell of a night at Lerkendal tonight.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
3-1 against the swedes :toot:

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game

azathosk posted:

Wow! Round 19 kicks off today. Wonder if Rosenborg plays this round.

What, isn't this season done yet?

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
I've just utterly lost interest at this point. In our group it would take something very special to even place 2nd, so Høgmo can stay another two years for all I care. All our interesting players are in their early 20s(or even younger) so if they continue to develop we'll have a very interesting team in a few years.

Just a shame RBK bombed out of europe, and Tippeligaen seems done and dusted(at least the top and bottom spots). Bring on the next year.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
I see Edvardsen is doing his thing again. Thought he had improved since it's been a few months since his last scandal.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
It's not up to the players to decide when there's a foul, that's why there's a ref on the pitch.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
You wouldnt expect a player to tell the ref that he dived or handballed, so why should you expect them to tell the ref when they caused a penalty? If the referee needs to get confirmation from his assistant he should do so, without trying to shove responsibility onto the players.

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
Nice pics. Clear favorites yesterday, but nicely done all the same. Bring on 2017!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
That's Arild Østbø. Similar name, different chap.