Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Given the lessons that we've learned over the last 15 years, Obama was right not to intervene in Syria. The idea that we could quickly and cleanly pop in, kill Assad and his cronies, and then pop back out again without getting stuck is laughably naive. The ME is a trap for arrogant interventionists, no matter their intentions, and the idea that we could pick a winner at a low cost to ourselves when every single one of Syria's neighbors plus KSA, Iran, and Russia are pouring weapons and bombs all over the goddamn country is a fantasy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

JFairfax posted:

I think that Rumsfeld, Bush and Cheney should be investigated for war crimes as a start.

Guantanamo should be closed, drone wars stopped and a plan for the scaling back of overseas US military bases and a plan for reparations to Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan, Yemen etc.

I think America should apologise to the people of those countries for the suffering it has inflicted and play a much more constructive (as opposed to destructive) role on the world stage.

American foreign policy has created the environment which has allowed ISIS to come about and frankly I do not know the best way to stop this because a some of the countries which could stop it have been destroyed by American policy.

Also I think Tony Blair is a war criminal as well who should be indicted.

This is like negaverse American Exceptionalism.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

JFairfax posted:

I don't remember the UK having a referendum on US military bases...

We have a Status of Forces Agreement with every country hosting a US base. With the exception of Gitmo, every country has an opt-out clause. That includes England.

• Locked thread