Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

JFairfax posted:

I wish it would, but the British government

If one were to assign social karma to governments, you lot have about another 5 million years to go to work off the global catastrophe that was the British Empire. Maybe find a more productive hobby to speed that along that isn't giving the slightest bit of a gently caress about American malfeasance. We are and always will be kiddy league in comparison to the monumental affront to basic human dignity that was British foreign policy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

JFairfax posted:

I think Tony Blair is a war criminal who should be on trial for his actions in taking Britain to war with Iraq.

The British empire was a very bad thing for a lot of people, I recognise this. But America is the one doing this poo poo today as the British empire really dissolved post WWII as America assumed the mantle of leading Empirical power.

Nothing is better because you can sit down and go "Well yeah, maybe the entire world is currently in crisis entirely because my social antecedents got drunk and randomly rewrote the borders of nations because they couldn't be bothered to figure out what the gently caress was actually going on around them. Boy, wasn't that bad.". It's not like the world moved on from what you guys did. Why should you get to wash your hands of it and wag your finger at our, in comparison, giggling larks of foreign policy errors? I mean you actually have the balls to bitch about US involvement with Israel and Palestine when the British Mandate is basically the entire reason there *is* a problem in the first place. That's kind of impressive really. It's like saying we could have used more considerate language providing counseling to the woman you just raped. When you lot have fixed every single problem in the world that can be directly traced back to British incompetence, racism, and stupidity? Then you can start critiquing our performance.

• Locked thread