Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

good game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

why do people have a 2016 version of that weird freaky plastic look they had in Blood Money. have the developers ever seen a real person before

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

why do people have a 2016 version of that weird freaky plastic look they had in Blood Money. have the developers ever seen a real person before

Probably, they probably all work in an office together for instance.. many of them have families as well.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

can't wait to play this ep a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th time

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I did that earlier and after playing it a bunch i will say its really loving good, like as good as anything in blood money. The level is huge and theres a bunch of cool unique ways to kill/secrets to find. I killed both targets with old school cannons in one playthrough

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I kinda wanna get this. It looks pretty cool but I've never played a hitman

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I think it's intentional, because it's supposed to be like an assassination playpen.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

Probably, they probably all work in an office together for instance.. many of them have families as well.

unliekly. they're Danish

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

does this level actually have a bunch of routes or just the illusion of it like the Paris one

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

I kinda wanna get this. It looks pretty cool but I've never played a hitman

please play blood money...

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Will purchase this tonight

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this game looks pretty dope

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

did they say how many levels there would be

base is $15
map #2 is $10

total game is $60

does that mean 6 or 7 maps total? I think if they were all good that might be okay, I think I want 8 though.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I think this is the first of seven

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
In addition to the tutorial, the full pack is six levels. I think part of this episodic stuff is to stop folks from running through the game too fast and feeling like it's too short.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Ya I really like how theyre doing it episodically. I dont get why other people are so upset about it

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I don't mind it in this case but I think it would get super AIDS really fast if it became standard practice (outside of point and click games I guess)

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
its working well here, like splatoon not having a lot of stuff at launch

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Ludwig van Halen posted:

Ya I really like how theyre doing it episodically. I dont get why other people are so upset about it

because generally release schedules like that can be death sentences but in this case it actually works well, but nobody expected that to be the case

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
are there like lots of challenges and stuff or is it up to you to figure out how to be creative

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

frank.club posted:

are there like lots of challenges and stuff or is it up to you to figure out how to be creative

former but you can turn off almost all of the prompts and hints and stuff. if you leave it at the default settings it holds your hand way too much I think

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I don't mind it in this case but I think it would get super AIDS really fast if it became standard practice (outside of point and click games I guess)

A small part of me wishes they had released chunks of MGS5 episodically so I couldn't have rushed through it all in a week also maybe it would've gotten finished

Edit I read one of the producers saying Konami pushed to have the afghan portion releases as MGS5 and all the Africa stuff as either dlc or a sequel which I guess kinda makes sense but he's the only person I've ever seen say that so who knows

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yXuJsYWaYo

this is really selling me on the game lmao

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Stealthgamerbr is completely unrivaled. Check his dishonered vids

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yXuJsYWaYo

this is really selling me on the game lmao

That was so cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i bought the "Intro Version" of this because it looks cool as hell and im curious about it. It doesnt work for all games butit seems like the piecemeal release of this is actually kinda ideal for the format.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

i bought the "Intro Version" of this because it looks cool as hell and im curious about it. It doesnt work for all games butit seems like the piecemeal release of this is actually kinda ideal for the format.

the format probably helps them get away with not having a big story with cutscenes, which is cool

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Yeah it isn't bad at all for this game, and this second level is so loving good, and supposedly the third one is going to be bigger & deeper than this one even

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I'm glad this game somehow turned out to be win.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nobody wants an overarching story anyway

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This game is cool. Even in the tutorial it seems like there 5 or 6 ways to beat it

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

frank.club posted:

Stealthgamerbr is completely unrivaled. Check his dishonered vids

i hate him. i thought i was good at dishonored and then i watched his lord regent video where he murders people, stops time, bounces off their corpses, air assassinates someone else and then shoots the headless corpse of the first dude just to show off

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
waiting for the download by playing blood money: I cannot friggin believe that for almost 10 years I thought the save limit meant total saves for the whole palythrough and not just the saves within the missions lmao

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

i hate him. i thought i was good at dishonored and then i watched his lord regent video where he murders people, stops time, bounces off their corpses, air assassinates someone else and then shoots the headless corpse of the first dude just to show off

absolutely watch his dishonered bid where he figured out the exact spot to shoot arrows into the air so they'd kill patrolling guards

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

frank.club posted:

waiting for the download by playing blood money: I cannot friggin believe that for almost 10 years I thought the save limit meant total saves for the whole palythrough and not just the saves within the missions lmao

holy poo poo

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

frank.club posted:

lmfao

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lol.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

frank.club posted:

what

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

we're being owned by hit man

• Locked thread