Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ol yeller posted:

I said console, dude

oh, I played it first on ps2. I think it's also for xbox. It's been a really long time since I played that one so I do t know how different it is from
the PC version. Probably not at all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'd say don't use the instinct if you think it breaks the game but there isn't a key hole look so you pretty much need it unless you want to risk every door opening. Though even then I believe the mini map displays if there is someone there that can catch you.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Extremely smart gamer: please tell me what the best console to play this 2004 game on is

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

I'd say don't use the instinct if you think it breaks the game but there isn't a key hole look so you pretty much need it unless you want to risk every door opening. Though even then I believe the mini map displays if there is someone there that can catch you.

I turned off the mini map too.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Larry Parrish posted:

Extremely smart gamer: please tell me what the best console to play this 2004 game on is

If he's more comfortable playing via console, so be it I say... Let there be game!

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Larry Parrish posted:

Larry Parish: durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i made a doo doo in diapey duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh *makes a big poo poo for his mommy to clean up*

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

frank.club posted:

oh, I played it first on ps2. I think it's also for xbox. It's been a really long time since I played that one so I do t know how different it is from
the PC version. Probably not at all!

i'll probably get it on that, though i was considering getting it on 360. the ps2 controller is so much better though, so thats what ill probably go with.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ol yeller posted:

i'll probably get it on that, though i was considering getting it on 360. the ps2 controller is so much better though, so thats what ill probably go with.

i feel like getting the version for an earlier gen is a bad move? like getting tony hawk sequels on ps1?

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

ol yeller posted:

Larry Parish: durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i made a doo doo in diapey duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh *makes a big poo poo for his mommy to clean up*

Larry Parish: for Q1, I'm going to continue the tried and true strategy of being a whitenoise human being that nobody cares about and everyone more or less scrolls past. But in Q2, I'll transition gradually into being a tryhard edgy retard that nobody likes and who only gets quoted when he tries to stir up poo poo. By Q3 I should be universally unwelcome with terminal brain AIDs, and by Q4 I'll be a badgame regular! whoopsie, i need to be changed again

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
dang

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
that's all mostly facts tho

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*queitly sidesteps the ownage*

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

trying to jack off posted:

i feel like getting the version for an earlier gen is a bad move? like getting tony hawk sequels on ps1?

thats possible. i'm caught between the better hardware and the better controller, though im sure it makes minimal difference.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah there's no huge improvement or change in design quality between console and PC and 360 is cosmetic stuff (like bullet holes)

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

frank.club posted:

Yeah there's no huge improvement or change in design quality between console and PC and 360 is cosmetic stuff (like bullet holes)

okay, thats basically what i was curious about. i'll grab the ps2 version then, its definitely the console i use more, so that'll work better. looking forward to getting into the series, it always seemed cool.

e: even though i know its super uneven and blood money is probably the peak

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it absolutely still holds up, still lots of fun

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ol yeller posted:

Larry Parish: for Q1, I'm going to continue the tried and true strategy of being a whitenoise human being that nobody cares about and everyone more or less scrolls past. But in Q2, I'll transition gradually into being a tryhard edgy retard that nobody likes and who only gets quoted when he tries to stir up poo poo. By Q3 I should be universally unwelcome with terminal brain AIDs, and by Q4 I'll be a badgame regular! whoopsie, i need to be changed again

Sorry for dissing your xbox or whatever

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This is all ruthless

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
No key hole peeps and they had to ask if ppl wanted human shields back? Come on

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

i hate him. i thought i was good at dishonored and then i watched his lord regent video where he murders people, stops time, bounces off their corpses, air assassinates someone else and then shoots the headless corpse of the first dude just to show off

This owned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf3PAK9tsmc

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I have a new graphics card so playing the new Hitman would be sweet, it's on my list for next month's gaming budget, but for those like me lacking in Hitman experience I'm gonna follow this thread's advice and buy Blood Money which is now on :homebrew:SALE:homebrew: at Humble Bundle for spare change:

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/hitman-blood-money

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I'm playing a gently caress load of this.. It's asctually really win. There so much to do in the game

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Heads up you can kill the targets in Many different ways in the new Hitman game

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

rediscover posted:

I'm playing a gently caress load of this.. It's asctually really win. There so much to do in the game

yeah i dont think anyone in the thread is joking

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

HORMELCHILI posted:

yeah i dont think anyone in the thread is joking

They might be.. Maybe I'm joking. I'm not though

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

good. no gamer should deprive themselves of such epic win

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
What's cool is that you can bang out a mission in 5 mins with some crude and obvious ploy but also if you have the time eek things out over a long period of time and watch your machinations unfold. Most excellent

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I only played thru the tutorial missions but this seems like a good Hitman, the only thing that worries me is the focus on bigger levels means there won't be cool compact levels like the birthday one in Blood Money where it seems like there's no options but the more you look the more the various systems reveal your options for brutally owning/murdering a father trying to start his life again.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Hat Thoughts posted:

I only played thru the tutorial missions but this seems like a good Hitman, the only thing that worries me is the focus on bigger levels means there won't be cool compact levels like the birthday one in Blood Money where it seems like there's no options but the more you look the more the various systems reveal your options for brutally owning/murdering a father trying to start his life again.
They have the flexibility to do something like that with the challenges and mini missions I guess. Would be good

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
This always online poo poo is stupid

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
can you not play offline and just miss out on the special contracts and stuff ?

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I'm liking this game but so far even with the markers & detective mode or whatever it's called turned off the game is still piss easy

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Benny D posted:

I'm liking this game but so far even with the markers & detective mode or whatever it's called turned off the game is still piss easy

I mean, even if you turn off everything (which I think you definitely should) Hitman isn't so much about like, just doing the assassination so much as doing the coolest assassination.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

goferchan posted:

yeah you can

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Benny D posted:

n00b

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

fight me

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I shot a chandelier chain in a room full of people and it fell and killed someone and no one seemed to notice or care

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well I still haven't beaten the second tutorial mission so it's kinda hard for some people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

goferchan posted:

You can however if you lose the connection mid game you have to return to the main menu and start again

• Locked thread