Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

julian assflange posted:

You can however if you lose the connection mid game you have to return to the main menu and start again

I don't get this. Is something supposed to be happening while I'm playing? I'm online in the Paris mission but nothing special is happening unless I turned it off or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Benny D posted:

I don't get this. Is something supposed to be happening while I'm playing? I'm online in the Paris mission but nothing special is happening unless I turned it off or something

Well, OP, it's really neat: there are two kinds of save. If you start a game while connected to the network, it's and Online save and can only be played online. If you start a game while not connected to the network, it's and Offline save.
Neither are compatible with the other because:

"When we announced Hitman, we explained to fans and to gamers everywhere how we are creating a live game," an IO Interactive spokesperson has now told Eurogamer.

"This is a constantly evolving, living world of assassination, that will grow alongside the community with frequent content updates in between the launch of each location. This live content includes new contracts, escalation contracts, elusive targets, and even additional challenges.

"It is possible to enjoy the locations offline, but in order to ensure player-progress of the live content is correct and up to date, the save states for online and offline are kept separate."

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

:psyduck:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah I discovered that yesterday and it's dumb as gently caress

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Always-online games are fuckin retarded. Especially since half the time you lose a shitload of progress when they quit to menu

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

silent assassin the italy level :cool:

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I want the new episode to come out now

e: lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP5OIof9PDk

Sneaks McDevious fucked around with this message at 22:17 on May 19, 2016

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
finally started blood money today, did the first three levels, and then went back and redid 2 & 3 twice each. this game owns

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The preview video for the next episode is impressive. Can't wait to kill people in it using cunning plans

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
finished blood money, now to go back and replay all of it

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's insane how good blood money is

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH
i have gotten 100% completion of hitman blood money on 3 different consoles

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

it keeps crashing on me :negative:

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

tumor looking batty posted:

it keeps crashing on me :negative:

are you on pc, in DX12 mode?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Steamy

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
that's cause the new one got hit with a bunch of negative reviews because of the always online stuff

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
The Steam Reviewer Community

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I actually like the idea of Recent Reviews. it's cool because every reaction at launch is one billion people reviewing it after leaving it idle for steam cards and then asking for a refund, then 8 months later three people come in and leave a few paragraphs about the good and bad. Handy

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

I actually like the idea of Recent Reviews. it's cool because every reaction at launch is one billion people reviewing it after leaving it idle for steam cards and then asking for a refund, then 8 months later three people come in and leave a few paragraphs about the good and bad. Handy

Yeah. Also games that had bad launches or early access or whatever and have improved through patches since. It's something they've needed for a while.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

In Training posted:

Agreed. Those brainiacs at valve have figured out a way for us to ignore the Launch Day Gamer

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

it's still completely crazy that innumerable people care about Steam as some sort of social network.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

*hangs out in a Best Buy 24/7*

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

I impulse-bought 50 digital cameras that were on sale, and the manager gave me this cool trading card that he made with marker on the back on a receipt.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
the new hitman game is probably the best one.

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH

rediscover posted:

it's difficult for me to let go of blood money but in my heart i know you're right.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

rediscover posted:

Sapienza might be the best Hitman level ever.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

killed the elusive target. it was pretty easy i thought

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

cool i killed gary busey and then the game crashed

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

cool i killed gary busey and then the game crashed

he eluded me cause i accidentally pulled out a knife in the town square which caused six guys to start shooting their guns at me until i died

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

New level is out.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

HORMELCHILI posted:

New level is out.

Hell yes but I need to beat the last level

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Hell yes but I need to beat the last level

I beat Marrakesh when it came out but haven't been too tempted to try it again. its a huge level but it feels like youre only actually doing hitman stuff in like three small parts of it. Its still good though, and the bonus level for it improved that a bit

a clown
Oct 13, 2012

by Smythe

rediscover posted:

i havent played new hitman since sapienza but iirc the scoring system for rankings was dumb (mostly based on speed) idk if they fixed it

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

there are three hitman scores: bad, sa and saso.

a clown
Oct 13, 2012

by Smythe
whats saso

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

a clown posted:

i havent played new hitman since sapienza but iirc the scoring system for rankings was dumb (mostly based on speed) idk if they fixed it

Oh okay.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

silent assassin suit only

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a clown
Oct 13, 2012

by Smythe

In BM you get good ratings from sneaking around unnoticed and killing through accidents. In HITMAN you do whatever, but fast, or so I thought. I'm asking if that's still the case.

• Locked thread