Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I don’t carry cash in real life so I don’t when I play Hitman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
Hitman

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bump. New Content comes out Tuesday (possibly tomorrow night?)

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Probably at like7-9am EST like when all their S1 content used to drop

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
So, while I wait for the new content to come out, what gimmick/challenge runs do you guys normally do, to keep things interesting/challenging? Like, for example the other day I did a SASO run while carrying around/using a fire axe to kill the targets in Marrakesh, leaving the axe sticking out of the guy's head. (i.e. not touching the bodies at all; just leaving the target where he drops - so I need to pick a good moment to attack, then get out quickly just in case someone finds the body)
It was definitely a challenge as people don't take kindly to grumpy-looking men creeping through embassies with axes, although I'm wondering whether you all have different gimmick ideas I could try out, in the coming days

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
my challenge is trying to master sapienza on professional because I want that second syringe :<

also even SAing some of the featured contracts is super hard imo

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
New mission ideas:

-Massive shopping mall, but most of it is boarded up and empty and the whole place is basically decaying.
-US Civil War reenactment.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Reskin of the Marrakesh protest mission but it's the 4th nov antifa uprising

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Lumpy the Cook posted:

New mission ideas:

-Massive shopping mall, but most of it is boarded up and empty and the whole place is basically decaying.

Wait, isn’t retail dying in the US? I bet you can use an actual mall or a Sears or KMart

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

This, but also include a reference to the below famous scene from The Simpsons. So if you reveal the school group 'stealing' free education through some opportunity or another, a bunch of the actors will angrily go over to the principal (who is presumably a target) and create an opening for you. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reLek2Yjwp0

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This is out but I forgot I didn't have it installed so I probably wont be able to play until like midnight tonight qq

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Crisis averted. The first mission for the new campaign is an art show led by a doomsday terrorist cult thats going to unleash a bioweapon on Bangkok. Im so happy agent 47 is back

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

the new campaign is £7 and the three new outfits are £11 lol. At least I can just buy the campaign I guess

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Its 20 dollars if you have the full game already...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got a special gold coin for completing a live ET SASO

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The sapienza map seems epic but i have to leave now. Wish these alternates had their own mastery track though, it'd be nice to unlock goofy bioweapons to use in other levels

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

the new campaign is £7 and the three new outfits are £11 lol. At least I can just buy the campaign I guess

you cant buy them separately

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

I don't even know why they list the math like that at all, it's weird

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

elf help book posted:

huh it was giving me the option to earlier on. dang

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I just bought this. I hope it owns, I've never really played a Hitman before.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

fadam posted:

I just bought this. I hope it owns, I've never really played a Hitman before.
It owns a huge amount.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Good stuff. I'm a little sad I missed out on the cool, gold coin people got, but I'm pretty happy they brought back the mission to kill Gary Busey.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

In Training posted:

Crisis averted. The first mission for the new campaign is an art show led by a doomsday terrorist cult thats going to unleash a bioweapon on Bangkok. Im so happy agent 47 is back

Ah nice - how differently does it make you play, on that map? Hopefully it's quite well thought-out and forces you to think outside the tried-and-true "Club 27" box, like the elusive targets did.
Currently at work, but I'm going to buy and download it ASAP, when I get home.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've only played the one map but it wasn't just new targets in the old map, the routing, factions and spaces are all new and there's new assets and reimagining of old locations. It's cool

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Just bought this and waiting for it to download. I will probably be rusty as hell since I haven't played since the last elusive target, but looking forward to booting up my GOTY 2016 again.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

In Training posted:

I've only played the one map but it wasn't just new targets in the old map, the routing, factions and spaces are all new and there's new assets and reimagining of old locations. It's cool

Ah, nice - so sort of like what they did for The Icon then, I guess? Sounds good!

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Just bought this and waiting for it to download. I will probably be rusty as hell since I haven't played since the last elusive target, but looking forward to booting up my GOTY 2016 again.

Have fun! It's such a good game; not many other games these days make you think outside the box nearly as well. Can't wait to get home, so I can download the update and dive back in, too

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
https://twitter.com/gamespot/status/928215583480565762

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

good

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Cool; although I hope that they're able to release seasons two (and hopefully three) as per their original plan; it'd be a bit of a shame to have HITMAN(TM) 2016 cut short to only one-and-a-bit seasons, otherwise.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Yes. Yes!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Major Isoor posted:

Cool; although I hope that they're able to release seasons two (and hopefully three) as per their original plan; it'd be a bit of a shame to have HITMAN(TM) 2016 cut short to only one-and-a-bit seasons, otherwise.

I haven't played yet but apparently the new GOTY update categorizes all the old content as "Season 1" so I assume they're keeping that structure .

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
on paper mission 3 should be the weakest of the new ones, but im enjoying replaying it actually

maybe I am a sucker for Diane calling me an idiot (in her way) for not getting the targets fast enough/shooting the wrong ones

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

YES!

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Hoipe!

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Colorado was a nice callback to one of my favorite Hitman 2 levels, but Hokkaido was the coolest of all. I love that IOI aren't afraid to play around with the formula a bit.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Did you guys ever get a overwhelmed playing this game? I'm having a good time but the amount of stuff to do is freaking me out.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Colorado Mission is funny. It's like a ground zeros mission

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

^^ this guy looks like an oblivion NPC

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Colorado was a nice callback to one of my favorite Hitman 2 levels, but Hokkaido was the coolest of all. I love that IOI aren't afraid to play around with the formula a bit.

what hitman 2 level are you thinking of. Terminal Hospitality maybe ??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
The name escapes me but it's one of the Russian ones where you assassinate a general, but you don't know the target until there's a meeting with all the top brass. So Diana feeds you intel piece by piece.

• Locked thread