Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've never played a Hitman before but this game looks cool, like if MGSV had 1/10th the options, was only the first map and also episodic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Play blood money

Maybe after i finish Max Payne 2.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I kinda wanna get this. It looks pretty cool but I've never played a hitman

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

why do people have a 2016 version of that weird freaky plastic look they had in Blood Money. have the developers ever seen a real person before

I think it's intentional, because it's supposed to be like an assassination playpen.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i bought the "Intro Version" of this because it looks cool as hell and im curious about it. It doesnt work for all games butit seems like the piecemeal release of this is actually kinda ideal for the format.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This game is cool. Even in the tutorial it seems like there 5 or 6 ways to beat it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

For the second version of the tutorial mission I ran to his room, planted a remote detonation mine and then walked slowly off the boat and blew it up

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I tried the next mission a few times and kept failing but everytime I learn something new about the level which is cool. I wanna find the clipboard and see if I can sabotage the jet to make it explode with the chess guy inside of it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

so is each episode like ground zeroes kinda ?

Basically yeah. There's also a community feature where people can choose any NPC in the level as the target and design a little mission for you to play.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah, but you don't have the offensive options that you do in MGS. If you get found out you need to run away ASAP basically. It's more like a 3D puzzle game to try and ghost the mission.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also most of the sneaking you do is in plain sight, which is kinda neat. I like hanging out in a outfit and eavesdropping on people.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

i havemt played this new one which seems ok but it also has modern western aids like seeing targets through walls and waypoints telling you how to solve the level which you need to turn off

I immediately turned off everything during the tutorial mission.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

im gonna get this game when its $5 and turn on all the help assists

If it makes peopl happy I'm glad it exists. Just not for me

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

I'd say don't use the instinct if you think it breaks the game but there isn't a key hole look so you pretty much need it unless you want to risk every door opening. Though even then I believe the mini map displays if there is someone there that can catch you.

I turned off the mini map too.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This is all ruthless

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well I still haven't beaten the second tutorial mission so it's kinda hard for some people.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I actually like the idea of Recent Reviews. it's cool because every reaction at launch is one billion people reviewing it after leaving it idle for steam cards and then asking for a refund, then 8 months later three people come in and leave a few paragraphs about the good and bad. Handy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

it's still completely crazy that innumerable people care about Steam as some sort of social network.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

*hangs out in a Best Buy 24/7*

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Going fast is win

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

:stare:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Super Rad posted:

Asking people to rank their favorite games in a series on GameFAQs is like ringing a dinner-time triangle for all kinds of hosed up lunatics to take a communal poo poo together.

What are you talking about

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

badass. I should really get around to playing this game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The las time I tried to play this I couldnt get past the second tutorial mission because I had like 90% of the UI turned off. I may turn a lot of that back on and like follow one of the challenge markers jsut to get a better feel for how stealth works in hitman because it seems like its more about just getting the rigth costume and then sprinting around new areas.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

Yeah no UI is insanely hard but the default is way too crowded and easy. You probably wanna turn like half of it off

I went to just minimap and the dots to see who sees through my disguise and Im getting the game. I killed the guy by shooting him 500 feet into the air with an ejector seat and now Im starting to understand the appeal. Theres also like 5 different threads I was following (posioned vodka, killer chess, a radio call etc) and now idk whether to move onto paris or keep digging into this map. Ill probably do paris as its the first actual level. also lol at the video that plays after the tutorial

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tailing a US congressman through a bigass party makes me feel like james bond, Im starting to lvoe this game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

uh... who's the congressman

Turned out to be a total red herring after following him for like 15 minutes. it took me like an hour and a half wandering hour just listening to npc chatter and I was having a blast and suddenly i was hiding in a closet somewhere by myself when helmet kruger walks in, i knocked him out and swapped disguises and then maybe 3 seconds later the target walks in by herself to meet with him for some reason so i killed her and took helmet's chopper out. oh also I killed the other guy and like 30 civvies by dropping the bigass chandelier on the stage while he was giving a talk. this game is awesome and i got a 0

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Second time I did it in 15 minutes, starting as a bartender, poisoning nofikovs drink, drowning him and then shimmying up to the third floor, throwing a pair of scissors at the woman and then peacing out through the basement. I love seeing all the weird stuff you can do. Now im gonna use that AV start point to try and mess with the fireworks stuff and see what that does.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

that's a drat good first run. congrats

you probably noticed but killing non-targets absolutely murders your score yeah

I wish the pc version had the ps4 instant replay capture stuff because I seriously dont know how I wasnt spotted. She watched me snap krugers neck and put his clothes on before calmly sitting down and inviting me to a meeting lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The escalations are a really cool idea

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I became the shiek, attended the illegal auction, place a bid and sauntered into the high security office and dropped a chandelier on the evil woman's head lol. Ive been playing this all afternoon and keep redoing paris

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

get to sapienza while the elusive target is still there

I only bought Paris, I was gonna pick up more episodes during the steam sale

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I became Mr. Rieper but I couldn't really figure out what do after that so I just poisoned her champagne glass

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol at dropping a chandelier on people.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ALso lmfao at all the unique No Entry Here dialogue you get when youre in the Vampire Magician outfit. I lost a whole day in this map

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Im almost at level 20 mastery, but im now on some trickier challenges. Like knocking somebody out with a piano

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i got level 20 mastery. I played this game for nearly 9 hours today lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

i went to a fancy party last week and there was a bald waiter

lol. I think my favorite trick i stumbled into is that you can really easily poison the woman targets drink. You can just walk up to it and drop poison in it in front of everybody and they all gasp and if you just sprint around a corner in about 30 seconds nobody cares and she drinks the wine and dies.

• Locked thread