Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was trying to do the Public Speaker challenge and dropped the speaker, ran away quickly downstairs to make my escape before realizing it missed for some reason and Victor was standing by himself in a circle of NPCs who were all backing away clearing away from some random guy in the crowd who died so I just lobbed a proximity mine at him and booked it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also the Photobomb kill was super satisfying and it was pretty crazy seeing all the NPCs come streaming out of the mansion because it caused an evacuation.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like that crouch walking in this game makes you easier to spot because people are like What are you doing dude?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think im ready for the next map

Viktor was way harder than Dalia, I couldn't find a good time to get him alone. Going for that cheevo made me realize how insanely powerful coins are

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wanna get the vampire outfit but it seems really hard. Also im gonna wait like 3 days for the steam winter sale to happen before I pick up the rest of the game, I only have Paris.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

sadly, vampire suit isnt an unlock like the santa suit is

Laaaaaaame gently caress this game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Major Isoor posted:

Agreed - Sapienza is probably my favourite mission overall, in fact.
(Although Colorado is kinda fun, especially if you don't try to 'silent assassin' it and treat all the militants at the camp as hostiles and just kill/fight them instead of knocking them out or distracting them, if they're in your path. I apparently killed 130 people last time I did it, which netted me a nice zero-star score)

Also, what's this about a vampire magician outfit? This is the first I've heard of it

It's in the attic of Paris mansion

It seems to have the same access as suit 47 but you cant get into the auction with it. It gives unique dialogue with basically every NPC in the level making fun of you or being scared by the vampire

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also the nvidia shadowplay replay thing seems to work pretty well but I have no loving clue where the mic audio in this clip came from. I didn't have a mic plugged in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SxneMfSK3c

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I did a full escalation and I like that Level 5 is basicaly just a completely different assassination. Theres so many though, its kinda overwhelming, I think Im gonna put down Paris for now and just wait for the sale. Cant wait to try out Sapienza and the other maps

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh they added more escalations over time? That's cool. I hope season 2 doesn't start soon because I wanna digest all this Content. I'll probably definitely buy the S2 pass though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

omg awesome. Got everything for 13 bucks, christmas comes early

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Thats hosed up

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

In Training posting his earnest, detailed appreciation for games as he discovers them is one of my favourite parts of the Zone and I'm genuinely excited to see what he thinks of Sapienza

Booting it up now with some coffee

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Actually with that upgrade pass you can't install episoes individually so I have to wait for this enormous patch to download

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just realized something. I should have been playing hitman games forever because my favorite part of MGS4 is act III where you tail that guy in europe and thats basically what hitman is but a whole series

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I realized that because the mission set up in Sapienza is that this guy is making foxdie

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I spent 30 minutes trying to figure out how to kill the therapist and eventually I did by just pushing himofff the ledge in broad daylight and hiding in a dumpster until people forgot about me and then taking his clothes. THat was a fun kill on silvio and as I left his private quarters the lady was in the next room by herself for some reason so I just walked in, snapper her neck and moved downstairs. Destroying the virus was kind of a pain and I wonder how in the world you can do that suit only. There must be a way to clear the lab or something

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I also feel like I missed 80% of the map but thats what mastery is for :D

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

you doint need to go into the lab

Ooooo interesting

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Way I did it was by circling the lab as a security guy very stealthily, entering the biohazard containment area and filling every scientist full of bulleets and then cooking the virus and taking the plane out

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

fun fact: the boxes in the virus cleanroom area are filled with acid, and putting knocked out people in those boxes kills them and dissolves their body. unlike normal boxes, you can put an infinite number of bodies in them

lol gross

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

killing the virus is the worst part of that mission bbut otherwise its loving beautiful, especially some of the kills you can get on silvio

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's a giant pain in the rear end to the get the outfit, unless I missed something to get the therapist to move somewhere else, but once you have it the kill is super satisfying

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was only able to play my second attempt for like 10 minutes but this level is overwhelmingly large. I'm going to spend two hours trying to find an explosive golf ball

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

i like that half of his crew is telling stories about how amazing he is, and the other half is telling stories about how hard they need to roll their eyes every day

The incidental dialogue in this game is godlike

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

When I shot the psychiatrist in the head while he was drinking coffee the mob freaked out and a guy ran by me muttering "don't freak out, you're just in a video game, things always settle down again"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

"Ohhhh ho ok pal did Greg put you up to this? Listen, I haven't been scared of vampires for like years now. Not funny" is my favorite response I've heard

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Every guy sounds like every guy and every girl sounds like every girl which works for the weird clockwork world of murder

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

The 'panic room' is actually just the security room in the basement. That's where they'll go

Nah the panic room is on the second floor. That was a fun kill to do because when they idle in the panic room they both stand under neath a chandelier

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

Whoa really? I've for sure had them run to the basement room

Could be different spots depending on when you trigger it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmfao I could keep killing Silvio over and over. I just did the stuff with his mom

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

have you done the VHS thing yet

Nope that's only my second kill. Right now I'm tagging the doc as she loops around the second floor, trying to figure out how to do something cool. I found the lock of her hair in the safe and gave it to her but I'm still trying to figure out what that did

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ohhh I heard the latest phone call and this probably won't do me any good on this run but god I really hope this path leads where I think it leads.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also I wanna kill this lady with a poison laden thick blunt.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I spent like an hour and half mucking around and found a lot of fun assassination potentials but still no clue how to alternatively destroy the virus. Now I wanna become the golf instructor or blow Silvio to pieces with a cannon.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Omfg the video tape

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

did you find the other pretty obvious thing in that room

The plague doctor? I used it to blend in and watch him freak out at the video before I slit his threat

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

I did the golf instructor one for my first run and it was amazing. Also i was kind of disappointed the game didn't acknowledge me beaning Silvio in the head with a can of his mother's spaghetti sauce

I've yet to even see the instructor and I wanna be him so bad because it seems an easy way to meet both targets. Also I need to find an alternative way to destroy the virus bc it's starting to harsh my vibe having to go down to the caves every time

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I found the quick way ty for the hint :D now I'm gonna find that golfer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Actually I wanna do these sniper challenges, just because Two Targets with One Bullet sounds so badass

• Locked thread