Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

SO this game comes out tomorrow and i am hopeful for it to be good because the hitman games are loving awesome. Did anyone play it yet? the beta or whatever? let me know if it was good.
More importantly, ive been playing the old hitman games a bit recently since i have never beat them because they seemed intimidatingly complex at the time. now i realize theyre actually just about standing around in a disguise and enjoying the setting more than anything else. i dont think ive ever played a stealth game where you feel as powerful as this except like the MGS games but thats a different kind of stealth. agent 47s walk animation is badass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

wtf? the silverballer being a preorder item is extremely hosed up

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

PRE-ORDER now to receive the exclusive Mushroom power up

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

shout outs to all the women in blood money with extemely stacked rear end and titties

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

SM64Guy posted:

oh its out tomorrow? i thought it was delayed to august or some poo poo

its "episodic" and the first part comes out tomorrow

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

lol

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

in all honesty this seems like a decent return to form but i have no loving idea why they went with the episodic bullshit

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

tumor looking batty posted:

yeah contracts too. sadly the pc port doesnt support controller

the pc controls are always really good in hitman games imo

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

yeah i was playing both of them recently and 2 really holds up well

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

GEt this game if youve enjoyed the other hitman games and did not enjoy absolution. its cool

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

Am I Understanding correctly that there are only 6 levels in the game and you can only play one of them now? Is that accurate? I swear to god a civil war is brewing in this country.

probably. idk. this level is really big though and i bet its on the smaller side compared to how the rest of the levels are going to be. beating it the first time felt like I wasnt finished also

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

they sent out a survey if you bought this game asking if they should put in features like human shielding people and the sniper rifle coming in a briefcase so i hope theyll keep trying to add and fix stuff with the new levels

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

im gonna play it soon, im looking forward to it as it seems massive. no homo

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

it's really cool, it was fun just exploring around even. reminds me of multiple old hitman levels, good overall vibe and construction. its in italy so its kind of jarring how heavy the american accents are but its funny. it didnt blow me away but it was really good, lots of poo poo going on/potential for all the contract/escalation mission things which im about to start messing with. A.I. still lackluster, now theres a lot of texture loading issues (for me at least) but the load times are severely reduced

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

good game

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I did that earlier and after playing it a bunch i will say its really loving good, like as good as anything in blood money. The level is huge and theres a bunch of cool unique ways to kill/secrets to find. I killed both targets with old school cannons in one playthrough

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Ludwig van Halen posted:

Ya I really like how theyre doing it episodically. I dont get why other people are so upset about it

because generally release schedules like that can be death sentences but in this case it actually works well, but nobody expected that to be the case

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yXuJsYWaYo

this is really selling me on the game lmao

That was so cool

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Yeah it isn't bad at all for this game, and this second level is so loving good, and supposedly the third one is going to be bigger & deeper than this one even

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

i dont mind it for things like, if i open this lockpicked door is there going to be someone immediately behind it, but seeing your target from across the level is stupid

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

i like that

yeah usually in these games you dont even want to fire a gun once, its all about setting up slick murders. i would pick up the new one, enjoy the new levels, and pick up blood money for when i get bored of those and before a new level comes out

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

they did a good job of making the game easy for your modern pathetic gamer but also letting you disable all those features and just play it like blood money

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

you can look through the keyholes in bloodmoney

yeah exactly and you cant in the new one

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

rediscover posted:

I'm playing a gently caress load of this.. It's asctually really win. There so much to do in the game

yeah i dont think anyone in the thread is joking

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

good. no gamer should deprive themselves of such epic win

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Benny D posted:

I'm liking this game but so far even with the markers & detective mode or whatever it's called turned off the game is still piss easy

n00b

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

it keeps crashing on me :negative:

are you on pc, in DX12 mode?

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

cool i killed gary busey and then the game crashed

he eluded me cause i accidentally pulled out a knife in the town square which caused six guys to start shooting their guns at me until i died

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

New level is out.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Hell yes but I need to beat the last level

I beat Marrakesh when it came out but haven't been too tempted to try it again. its a huge level but it feels like youre only actually doing hitman stuff in like three small parts of it. Its still good though, and the bonus level for it improved that a bit

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Trailer for the new episode leaked, looks extremely loving cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76lnUjq0wfw

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

4 am PDT it says

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

this level is extremely good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pzGrPHup-E

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Jackie D posted:

I'm not good at this game

try playing it more like a puzzle game than a stealth or action game

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

BBJoey posted:

they put all the really whacky humour behind easter eggs,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZtGX6bikRs

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I had really hoped they were going to do a special halloween mission but a christmas one is great too

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

The new christmas bonus level is nuts

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I just played the Sapienza bonus level and it kind of sucks lol. The gimmick kills are funny but there are like two disguises and most of the level is blocked off. Can't complain for free but I hope Marrakesh and the new one are better

Wtf that level owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Its smaller and more linear but theres still like twelve ways to kill him plus it has a good vibe

• Locked thread