Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Will purchase this tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
What's cool is that you can bang out a mission in 5 mins with some crude and obvious ploy but also if you have the time eek things out over a long period of time and watch your machinations unfold. Most excellent

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
This always online poo poo is stupid

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

goferchan posted:

can you not play offline and just miss out on the special contracts and stuff ?

You can however if you lose the connection mid game you have to return to the main menu and start again

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Benny D posted:

I don't get this. Is something supposed to be happening while I'm playing? I'm online in the Paris mission but nothing special is happening unless I turned it off or something

Well, OP, it's really neat: there are two kinds of save. If you start a game while connected to the network, it's and Online save and can only be played online. If you start a game while not connected to the network, it's and Offline save.
Neither are compatible with the other because:

"When we announced Hitman, we explained to fans and to gamers everywhere how we are creating a live game," an IO Interactive spokesperson has now told Eurogamer.

"This is a constantly evolving, living world of assassination, that will grow alongside the community with frequent content updates in between the launch of each location. This live content includes new contracts, escalation contracts, elusive targets, and even additional challenges.

"It is possible to enjoy the locations offline, but in order to ensure player-progress of the live content is correct and up to date, the save states for online and offline are kept separate."

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I want the new episode to come out now

e: lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP5OIof9PDk

Sneaks McDevious fucked around with this message at 22:17 on May 19, 2016

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The preview video for the next episode is impressive. Can't wait to kill people in it using cunning plans

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I haven't played it yet

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I just realised I have two episodes I haven't started. I'm really bad again, a sort of Inspector Clouseau grade hitman

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Hitman owns. Once I repair/replace my PS4 I have three locations I haven't tried. Can't wait!

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'm still poo poo at this game but I enjoy it anyway

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bobnumerotres posted:

watching others play this it looks so easy with the goofy stupid AI but then I play and immediately get lit up

This! This!

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I've started this again as from reading this and the games thread I haven't played this at all really. Working my way through the challenges of the ICA headquarters.
Silent Assassin-ing that was satisfying as I thought my approach was too basic :smug:

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Those motherfuckers

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

In Training posted:

It's so hosed up that Hitman Absolution made hundreds of millions of dollars more than Hitman (2016).

Too beautiful for this world....

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The Maestro posted:

I bought it as part of that target b2g1 deal a couple months ago. Still haven't opened it since I've been playing yakuza and mgsv. Does this mean I'm screwed?

Not for a few months at least

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

HolePisser1982 posted:

the sleeping dogs developrs were getting lonely up in heaven, so square enix sent them some company

I always thought Sleeping Dogs would be a once off anyway

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ludwig van Halen posted:

it's was the latest installment of the True Crime franchise

Seriously?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Square are also selling the rights to Hitman so maybe whoever picks up IO will also do that (or vice versa)

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Finally did Hokkaido and saw the ending. Will be sad if nobody picks up S2

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
That one tweet is better than most of E3

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I thought season 2 was fairly complete already

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Trying to think of cool locations I want for season 2

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'd like a desert/Middle East setting but the first season's play areas seemed a little too compact for that to work.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Colorado is probably my least favourite. Seems less forgiving than the others

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I’m ready

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
We can now kill Gary Busey again and again

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Unless you want to silent assassin the whole thing most of those tips are way too much trouble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I don’t carry cash in real life so I don’t when I play Hitman.

• Locked thread