Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Flannelette posted:

Is 2 worth playing again though, all I remember is horrible ninjas level and a desert level and a level where the target is a cardboard cutout.
it has a lot of insanely bad levels but a lot of really good ones too. I haven't been able to go back to it... still need to play Contracts though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

why do people have a 2016 version of that weird freaky plastic look they had in Blood Money. have the developers ever seen a real person before

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

Probably, they probably all work in an office together for instance.. many of them have families as well.

unliekly. they're Danish

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

frank.club posted:

Stealthgamerbr is completely unrivaled. Check his dishonered vids

i hate him. i thought i was good at dishonored and then i watched his lord regent video where he murders people, stops time, bounces off their corpses, air assassinates someone else and then shoots the headless corpse of the first dude just to show off

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

frank.club posted:

waiting for the download by playing blood money: I cannot friggin believe that for almost 10 years I thought the save limit meant total saves for the whole palythrough and not just the saves within the missions lmao
what

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

gently caress

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

im the guy in the house in the suburb level , right now. getting owned

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

you can drown targets in the toilet in every level so far

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Hat Thoughts posted:

I only played thru the tutorial missions but this seems like a good Hitman, the only thing that worries me is the focus on bigger levels means there won't be cool compact levels like the birthday one in Blood Money where it seems like there's no options but the more you look the more the various systems reveal your options for brutally owning/murdering a father trying to start his life again.
They have the flexibility to do something like that with the challenges and mini missions I guess. Would be good

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I just got this on Steam sale and it's insanely good so far, I'm only in Paris but the scope of the map and all the stuff to do and discover is great. Hitmans is back baby

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

second attempt at the Paris mission, opportunities, instinct and alertness off. It's good to be back :)

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I love IO's goofy sense of humour. I feel like the new one has a slightly less silly tone than the others, but only a little

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I don't like Marrakesh as much as Sapienza but it's still cool

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

elf help book posted:

i like when you kill and hide a target theres a few npcs going around like "where did he go??? i cant find him anywhere!"
It happens with guards too. Scared the poo poo out of me once but I don't think they actually do anything about it lol

frank.club posted:

try subduing someone but not choking them out and see what they say after a while
the choking out part always makes me wish it had MGSV's holdup mechanics. They'd probably make it too easy and it's a totally different kind of game but still

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

just noticed that you now get a big SILENT ASSASSIN banner on your score screen if you got Silent Assassin. That's cool, it was weird not knowing whether you had achieved it or not after the first time

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I just played the Sapienza bonus level and it kind of sucks lol. The gimmick kills are funny but there are like two disguises and most of the level is blocked off. Can't complain for free but I hope Marrakesh and the new one are better

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Sapienza owns so it's doubly sad in the bonus mission because most of the level is blocked off off by artificial barriers. I always find those depressing in reused areas/assets in games. Oh well

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I like the Bangkok level. It feels a little rushed compared to sapienza and Marrakesh maybe but I think other than it maybe lacking as good a sense of place - it could be a generic 5 star hotel anywhere - and a couple of weird parts (all the identical empty keycard-locked rooms, some screwy AI like the way the musician started gently sodomising a gardener over a balcony when he was supposed to be alone to murder) it's a really well put together area with loads of cool stuff to do

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

trying to jack off posted:

that sounds like every musician ive ever known tbh

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Played colorado tonite. Fun change of pace

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

tumor looking batty posted:

I'm stuck on Colorado. I killed two of the people but can't figure out how to get into the house yet...
it kind of sucks that so many of the disguises look the same. There are some guys outside the house who are allowed in it but it seems kind of arbitrary lol, there's a fairly easy way to sneak in undetected and get a disguise inside and that's what I ended up doing

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

it's kinda weird that colorado has 3-4 gimmick kills for one of the targets (the explosives guy) and the rest are just kind of there

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

the new Elusive Target is really easy lol. I got an SA accident kill on him entirely by, well, accident

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

jesus christ lol. I love people who make videos like this

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT9edu943ts

incredible . this game is good

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The cutscenes are great because they're absolutely retarded and I think they're the only part of the game that takes itself seriously

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

uh... who's the congressman

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I leave on the minimap and the dots over people's heads. I don't like the latter much but it's sometimes really arbitrary whether someone will see through your disguise or not so w/e

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

Turned out to be a total red herring after following him for like 15 minutes. it took me like an hour and a half wandering hour just listening to npc chatter and I was having a blast and suddenly i was hiding in a closet somewhere by myself when helmet kruger walks in, i knocked him out and swapped disguises and then maybe 3 seconds later the target walks in by herself to meet with him for some reason so i killed her and took helmet's chopper out. oh also I killed the other guy and like 30 civvies by dropping the bigass chandelier on the stage while he was giving a talk. this game is awesome and i got a 0
that's a drat good first run. congrats

you probably noticed but killing non-targets absolutely murders your score yeah

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

I wish the pc version had the ps4 instant replay capture stuff because I seriously dont know how I wasnt spotted. She watched me snap krugers neck and put his clothes on before calmly sitting down and inviting me to a meeting lol
Nvidia Shadowplay has that but I don't know how well it actually works

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

I became the shiek, attended the illegal auction, place a bid and sauntered into the high security office and dropped a chandelier on the evil woman's head lol. Ive been playing this all afternoon and keep redoing paris
please get 20/20 mastery on every level before moving on. Hitman must be savoured.

The Kerner Disquiet and the Videl Cataclysm are really good Escalations btw

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

he has another four days or so

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I wish Hitman was real so he could assassinate me

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

I became Mr. Rieper but I couldn't really figure out what do after that so I just poisoned her champagne glass

yeah starting at the auction is cool but i don't really think it's useful at all lol. there are a bunch of starts/disguises like that, it's cool

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

in Hitman 2 if you moved any faster than a very slow walk people instantly shot you. it was a good game but man

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

HORMELCHILI posted:

I wonder if the new season is going to keep the espionage aesthetic or if will be informed by a different type of fiction
Probably the former... I mean I haven't played Hokkaido yet but if the plot stuff so far (esp Colorado) is anything to go by

I hope they keep the theme that every pair of targets so far want to kill each other, it's fun

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Hokkaido is cool. I knocked out like four people on the helipad stairwell in my first playthrough because more and more guys with new cool disguises kept stumbling into my stash of naked unconscious men. I went in as a tech guy, briefly became a pilot and left a head surgeon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

I did a full escalation and I like that Level 5 is basicaly just a completely different assassination. Theres so many though, its kinda overwhelming, I think Im gonna put down Paris for now and just wait for the sale. Cant wait to try out Sapienza and the other maps

I told you what the good ones were. Some, uh, keen people made a spreadsheet of quality too

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dXItqz9GajHQUdVTro6foqSdrhpW32CbmKWpEnq-Axo/edit#gid=2063983274

• Locked thread