Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I bought the first episode and it's fun. I kind of don't have the patience for some of the sneakier challenges or whatever so I've just been shooting hella peeps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I forgot u could see people through walls after the tutorial. You have to hit a button and I just never push the button

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I think this game is really good. And I thought absolution fricking sucked

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

dang

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

that's all mostly facts tho

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I'm playing a gently caress load of this.. It's asctually really win. There so much to do in the game

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Heads up you can kill the targets in Many different ways in the new Hitman game

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

HORMELCHILI posted:

yeah i dont think anyone in the thread is joking

They might be.. Maybe I'm joking. I'm not though

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

the new hitman game is probably the best one.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

a clown posted:

i havent played new hitman since sapienza but iirc the scoring system for rankings was dumb (mostly based on speed) idk if they fixed it

Oh okay.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Hat Thoughts posted:

It's all about how u feel about what u did

Def agree with you on that. By the way you seem really chill from the way you shorten you to just u.. seems like something a really laid back guy would do, someone fun to hang out with just crack a beer and relax type of guy.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I haven't played this at all since the second mission came out. Are the new ones good.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Super Rad posted:

Absolution would be my top pick if it had better AI... or any at all. I love everything about the game but when the AI starts acting up I just get annoyed. Oh and why QTE's? You can't say it's a console thing because your precious Witcher 2 is full of them (with a combat system defined specifically for controllers to boot).

The reason I like the game is because it is an actual experience, not a loosely-connected series of arcade sandboxes.

They pretty much improved the scope of the game from Blood Money in every way, but then managed to make a system that is buggier than BM's.

Of course I played the Hitman series years before BM came out so I have no psychological need to hold that game to any specific height. It's an ultimately easy and pointless game that's charm lies in giving off an illusion of skill and purpose, just like Dark Souls does (exactly like Dark Souls actually).

Why is this man not probated.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Asking people to rank their favorite games in a series on GameFAQs is like ringing a dinner-time triangle for all kinds of hosed up lunatics to take a communal poo poo together.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I never have the patience to do the Opportunity kills like where you set up chandeliers to fall on people or poisoning drinks or w/e. I strictly murder with guns, and hell I have a good time doing it.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

elf help book posted:

ive only been playing the first 3 levels and im going nuts, i want to try everything and then i stop playing and think of something new to try

It's so good

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I just played the Sapienza bonus level and it kind of sucks lol. The gimmick kills are funny but there are like two disguises and most of the level is blocked off. Can't complain for free but I hope Marrakesh and the new one are better

..........?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Wait I didn't realize he was talking about the bonus mission, my b. I haven't played that so IDK if its good or not. Talking poo poo on OG Sapienza is strictly prohibited in this thread

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

trying to jack off posted:

that sounds like every musician ive ever known tbh

how was the view from the balcony?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

im going to play this tonight. I've beaten every level but Colorado cause that on seems gay. gonna peep some player contracts.. maybe get silent assassin on some of the mission.. right now I've only done it on Marrakesh which if you saw how that went down you would say i don't really deserve it

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

elf help book posted:

skipped a level?

i been buying them individually since when i first bought it only the first level was available. and since i heard colorado and marrakesh was bad i didnt buy them. but i just bought marrakesh and it was fine so maybe i'll get colorado now.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I'm going to buy and play it tonight. And then get silent assassin on all the levels. SA/SO is prolly too much for me though TBH.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

tenderjerk posted:

Does the new episodic Hitman contain gameplay where you can abandon the mission and just see how big and creative piles of the dead you can make like with previous Hitmon?

Yes you can. Hell, you can go ahead and add the Targets to the pile too and complete the mission anyways.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Glad you like it IT.. hell of a game. Sapienza is even better than Paris

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Daddy's home

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I hate the ICA weps.. They all look the same which could be okay if they didn't look like gay blue pieces of poo poo

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

gonna play this in a little bit. seeing in training already at max mastery on paris when i've logged 30+ hours and am only at like 3-4ish on every level makes me feel like a noob. time to take my time and do some cool challenges + escalations. anyone have any escalations in mind that are especially cool ?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

In Training posted:

I was only able to play my second attempt for like 10 minutes but this level is overwhelmingly large. I'm going to spend two hours trying to find an explosive golf ball

vague hint abt golf ball: 47 has an apartment

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

elf help book posted:

last night i was playing bangkok without a plan and somehow ended up stabbing the rock star in the head with a samurai sword in his recording booth

that guy is by far the easiest target to kill silently. i just murdered him in his booth and even tho it took me like an hour to kill the other dude sneakily i still got Silent Assassin. No one ever bothered to go see why Jordan stopped talking mid sentence and then was silent in the booth for an hour

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

i never did anything special, he just went in there while i was tailing him

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

elf help book posted:

lol i just ran right up and did this and its great how long it takes anyone to notice hes dead at all

I did the whole rest of t he mission silent assassin style with him laying there. its epic

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

i tried electrocuting her once but a guard walked into my trap first and i couldn't hide the body in time and it turned into a gunfight, which i lost

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

frank.club posted:

I forgave them

his name?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

what the hell is the sarajevo six.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

In Training posted:

Whenever I get back to playing Bangkok I may end up streaming my attempt if people would wanna see my dry run methodology.

I will tune in if i'm not doing anything else

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

elf help book posted:

i like sneaking behind someone and doing the close combat pistol shot

yea im a sucker for the execution shots

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

ive being trying to do hokkaido as the ninja w/ katana + throwing stars and nothing else but its really hard. really gives me metal gear feels due to the locale and the fact that you cant let anybody see you at all

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

elf help book posted:

you can unlock a challenge and then roll back a save to do a different one, so like you could get drown, headshot, garotte all in a row. thats lame. even with saving, i only do full runs

i figured this out on accident because i was trying to get mastery level 7 for the ninja so i got a list of challenges to do. but i ended up being 1000 points short anyway so i reloaded a save to do a different kill where i was right by the exit for the last bit of points and it gave me like, 4 other challenges that i didnt even do in that 'Timeline' so to speak. it was confusing

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

frank.club posted:

I did this and then once I completed it I used the exact same route to do a SOSA run, also the ninja assassin disguise has a really specific ledge that you can climb only when you're wearing it.

thats fuckin sick. is it something i can figure out on my own? if its really esoteric (proper word to use here? maybe) then give me a hint

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

im glad theres a lot of active discussion about this game because its probably my GOTY and didnt have anyone to talk about it with before

• Locked thread