Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

I did a full escalation and I like that Level 5 is basicaly just a completely different assassination. Theres so many though, its kinda overwhelming, I think Im gonna put down Paris for now and just wait for the sale. Cant wait to try out Sapienza and the other maps

sale http://www.gamestop.com/pc/dlc/hitman-upgrade-pack/128559

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Why is it so cheap from gamestop?

edit: wtf the whole game is only 14.99

i dunno, i got it for $15 there at thanksgiving and they took it down like 15 minutes later

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

holy crap 62 gigs

looking forward to having seasons 1 2 and 3 all installed and taking up an entire hard drive

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

Way I did it was by circling the lab as a security guy very stealthily, entering the biohazard containment area and filling every scientist full of bulleets and then cooking the virus and taking the plane out

fun fact: the boxes in the virus cleanroom area are filled with acid, and putting knocked out people in those boxes kills them and dissolves their body. unlike normal boxes, you can put an infinite number of bodies in them

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

if you knock out a target, you cannot hide their body before killing them, as 47 refuses to attack a box. boxes are his good friends

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i have level 20 on that map and havent even done the therapist thing yet

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

man silvio is so great, theres so many wacky ways to kill him that dont feel wacky in context

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I found this out by accident. I take not killing anyone but the target very seriously and ended up shouting "OH MY GOD NO" at my tv like a fool when I saw what was about to happen but couldn't stop it lol. RIP to the random scientist guy.

lmao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

last night i was playing bangkok without a plan and somehow ended up stabbing the rock star in the head with a samurai sword in his recording booth

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Major Isoor posted:

So how do you actually get him to go into the recording booth? I've played that mission a few times now, but he's always just wandered around the penthouse area for me (aside from when I pretended to be a drummer, I guess)

he just goes there eventually, sings a little, argues with his producer, then leaves. its part of his routine

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

you may need to go to the top floor and let his phone conversation play out first

i dont think i did anything special last night beyond that

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

fair enough, I thought you had to disguise as the sound guy and fix the console so that somebody shouts on him to come down and sing because the music mixing sounds great. Wonder what the point is in doing that then lol

probably just forces it to start

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i like that half of his crew is telling stories about how amazing he is, and the other half is telling stories about how hard they need to roll their eyes every day

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

"why is there a body here?!?!?! and why is it naked..."

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

if you shoot him in the booth you get a challenge win and 5000 points

lol i just ran right up and did this and its great how long it takes anyone to notice hes dead at all

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Pardon my ignorance but do ps4/xbone games come on disks or do they download almost everything? This game would take up what, 4 blu ray discs?

They come on discs but the discs read too slow so they install fully to your hard drive anyway

this game hasnt had a disc release yet, that comes out next month

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

goferchan posted:

thanks! that mission was so cool. i don't need any specific hints but are there a variety of ways to destroy the virus? i only did the really obvious hands-on way but with all the ways to murder people I'd be surprised if the game gave you an objective with just one way to solve it. nothing really jumped out at me but I'm definitely gonna lurk around the lab some more and see

i can think of 4 different ways

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

are there any security camera machines in bangkok besides the one security room

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

on the first floor up the stairs in the building the recording studio is in

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

maybe theres another security room, id like to know

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

I've yet to even see the instructor and I wanna be him so bad because it seems an easy way to meet both targets. Also I need to find an alternative way to destroy the virus bc it's starting to harsh my vibe having to go down to the caves every time

i think every method requires you to go down there

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

theres a quicker, simpler way, but its harder

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

you may need to find an appropriate contract, or think of one to create yourself for that.

i dont think thats intended for the real mission

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

if your aim is good enough, you can just shoot the virus from the other side of the cave

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i had no idea there was a love letter

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

goferchan posted:

if i bought the episodes piecemeal instead of the season bundle do I not get access to the Sapienza "The Icon" mission and whatever that special Marrakesh one is? when i try to select them it just takes me to the store page but there's nothing left to actually buy since i own all the eps. from what i heard i'm not missing out on all that much but that's still extremely fuckin lame if true lol . that's what i get for trying to save 4 cents by buying them one by one at 4.99 apiece instead of in a bundle for 24.99 ..... gaming on a budget

they are gonna sell a pack of the bonus levels next month when the disc version comes out

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Finally beat Marrakesh after being too retarded to do it for a while. Disguising yourself as the prisoner and then breaking Zaydan's neck when he comes to interrogate you is so badass

hell yeah

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

MeatwadIsGod posted:

If you sneak off to the side of the building where the little guard shack is, past the two flight crew members talking about the safety check, you can sneak around the hangar to a pipe you can climb to get to the bathroom near the command room where Jesper's chessboard is. From here you can use coin fuckery or the sink to lure his guard in, then you can kill Jesper pretty easily by garroting, shooting, neck snapping, etc. Hide his and his guard's body in the bathroom crate. Leave the way you came and you can probably manage it all in just a few minutes.

he can figure it out, meatwad

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

frank.club posted:

Once I let my friends play my PS4 when I was at class and when I came back I discovered they failed an elusive target for me because they thought they could play hitman like an action game

gah

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

marrakesh is good, its 3 good levels

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

It took a shitload of reloads but I got Marakesh SASO. The consulate kill was easy peasy but the school area is a nightmare for that, so many tightly packed guard routes.

theres an easy way to kill the general without even visiting the school or attacking him

its cool you did it without that method tho

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

its cute that in bangkok one of the front desk guys can see through nearly all of your disguses, cuz hes on top of his poo poo and knows who checked in

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

The Maestro posted:

I want to get this for a friend on PS4 for Christmas. Is it all pre order except on psn? Basically, how do I go about doing so? Amazon was preorder but i also didn't look very hard because I'm mad at him. Thanks

disc version comes out at the end of january

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

I've been trying to get into this game for a while, I don't seem to be able to play it in spurts of more than an hour

Still haven't done anything other than Paris but my last go was pretty epic entirely by accident

its a good game

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

lol I like 47 trying to be coy when he's talking with the artist when you're the drummer

"So we are looking for a new drummer to carry out some new recordings"
"...someone who can carry out a hit without being seen?"
"Uhhhh sure"
"Good. That's my specialty."

i like listening to the drummer in the bar, hes really nervous that Dexy hasnt called him upstairs yet, but doesn't want to go up there himself and seem too eager

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Mine's the guy in Hokkaido who's getting plastic surgery to look like Helmut Kruger and he gets really pissed off at you for stealing his idea and rants at you for a while if he sees you.

lmfao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i like instinct because it gives me something to look at while waiting for a guy to walk exactly to a place i know he'll go to eventually

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

frank.club posted:

It's awesome. The best was once when I used it to take out an elusive target in Bangkok, when it blew up it tossed his body over the railing into the river and it gave me silent assassin lmao

lmao

killing a target with an explosive and hiding the body and not getting spotted is a challenge in bangkok too

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

Lol. When I got it I used it on Ken Morgan right out in the open and he got blown like 1.5 stories straight vertical

wtf i tried to use it on morgan and he made his bodyguard get it for him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i have to limit my equipment on the first time i play a level because i brought a duck to my first trip to bangkok and threw it at morgan like 30 seconds into starting it

• Locked thread