Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Can't wait to see what that Colorado elusive target will be like. I want that Colorado outfit with the silly hat.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
SOSA'ed Sapienza by starting at the ruins, dropping rock formations on the virus and de Santis and shooting Caruso with a cannon. It was stalac-tight if you know what I mean

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
SOSA'ed A Gilded Cage by poisoning Reza's food, sneaking into the consulate, and electrocuting Strandberg. People were all like "enjoy your time in Bangkok, Mr. Rieper" because I was wearing the casual suit with gloves

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Colorado is the only map I haven't gotten SASO on yet. That elusive target will probably kick my rear end.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

quote:

At 14:00 CET / 05:00 PT on Friday 13th January, we’ll update the Elusive Target tile on the Featured Hub in-game and the contract will be live. Elusive Target #18 will be in Colorado for 7 days (168 hours) and there won’t be any second chances. Remember that an Elusive Target cannot be restarted once any targets have been eliminated or any objectives have been completed.

Elusive Target 18 has two objectives AND special contract conditions apply:

Objectives: (1) Eliminate Richard M. Foreman & (2) Retrieve Documents.
Special Contract Conditions: Eliminate the target with a non-explosion accident.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
It'd be nice if there was ever an opportunity to snipe an ET and still get Silent Assassin. Like, have the target leaning over to look into the slurry pit and a headshot launches him over the railing.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I hope season 2 has some kind of body armor unlock. The game throws all these automatic and unsilenced weapons at you, but there's never really a chance to use them. The only time I go on murder sprees in this game is when an NPC ruins a SASO run and I let off some steam.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I cleared the top floor, retrieved the files, and dumped him over the railing with everything going smoothly. Rose and his bodyguard walked in right after so I waited for them to leave, but then a hacker spotted me picking the lock to the basement door. Still beat it but no SA. I used the Colorado suit on all the Master Sniper challenges and to SASO The Icon.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I didn't read that post btw

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

God bless you IOI

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I had a dream this morning that I was 47 killing an elusive target in a Colorado-type location. I killed him with a frying pan and just barely dragged his corpse behind a couch before being spotted

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Landslide looks pretty dope from that teaser. Can't wait to try the Paris ET after work

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Not sure how to tackle this week's 'lusive

When in doubt, just tail them for 10-15 minutes. I think this target starts in a different location every time you restart though.

I wish it was the 31st already. I wanna mess around with Landslide and especially Pro difficulty

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

In Training posted:

I hope the next ET is in Hokkaido

It is. IOI already confirmed the first ET in February will be in Hokkaido. Can't wait to run around Sapienza in a kimono with a sword

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

I've been thinking about a mission involving thwarting an assassination.

This would rule. Maybe the client is a former member of the assassination plot that gets cold feet or something.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Got level 10 professional mastery in Paris. A fourth reskinned bomb is mine :hellyeah:

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
It's really fun though. It feels more like previous Hitman games where you have to be really vigilant at being an unnoticed face in the crowd. I tried to plan ahead for certain jumping off points so I could go back to my one save repeatedly for different assassinations.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I love the side objectives in elusive targets because there's no going back once you've done one, even if I missed SA on the last one.

I'm going for SASO in professional Sapienza and it looks like my strategy for a normal SASO run will still work with a few modifications. I used all sorts of areas in professional Sapienza I otherwise wouldn't have. It's crazy how that level has so many options hidden right under your nose.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
The Warlord was definitely the toughest ET yet. I hosed up SA by getting the files first. You have a fairly limited amount of time to get up to her hotel room as a bellhop before she's alone in there. And after that someone in her bodyguard detail checks on the safe, triggers a lockdown, and then she's constantly guarded in her room by like 5 guards. I liked it though. Some aspects of it seemed a little glitchy, but I wouldn't mind if they're all that challenging from here on out.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
So glad that two of the best stealth games I've ever played - MGSV and Hitman - have to be dependent on the dumbest publishers imaginable.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

julian assflange posted:

That one tweet is better than most of E3

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Has IO spoken publicly about season 2 since Square dropped them? Even if it's smaller in scope compared to season 1, it'd be a shame for things to end with the final elusive target next month.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I passed it but was one target shy of the signature suit with gloves :smith:

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

thinking about how good this game's level design is...

I remember thinking Paris was meh until I did all the Pro challenges and found all the ways to scale the palace. It became my second favorite after Sapienza.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I like Colorado if only because doing Silent Assassin Suit Only on Pro makes you feel like a wraith in a cool leather jacket.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
This is amazing. Definitely paying full price just to show IOI some love.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

In Training posted:

I cant parse this

Seems like some enhancements they put in for a PC eye-tracking peripheral, though I could be wrong.

I'm so glad they're reintroducing Elusive Targets but not letting you retry the ones you failed and keeping any you didn't attempt as one-shots. I was one assassination short of the signature suit with gloves but The Angel of Death was my first one so now I can try like 15 others, including Gary Busey.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Just bought this and waiting for it to download. I will probably be rusty as hell since I haven't played since the last elusive target, but looking forward to booting up my GOTY 2016 again.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Colorado was a nice callback to one of my favorite Hitman 2 levels, but Hokkaido was the coolest of all. I love that IOI aren't afraid to play around with the formula a bit.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
The name escapes me but it's one of the Russian ones where you assassinate a general, but you don't know the target until there's a meeting with all the top brass. So Diana feeds you intel piece by piece.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
So basically that goose game except the goose is evenly matched

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

i forgot about stealthgamerBR and i just watched his hitman episodes videos and holy poo poo

That dude is insane. Hitman, Dishonored, MGSV...he's basically a whirlwind in all of them.

In other Hitman news...

Deadline posted:

EXCLUSIVE: Fox 21 and Hulu have teamed for a television series based on Hitman, the global best-selling video game from IO Interactive. A pilot script will be written by Derek Kolstad, creator and writer of the John Wick action film series who also penned the third one that will be released in 2019.

Kolstad will be an executive producer along with Adrian Askarieh and Chuck Gordon. The project will be overseen at Fox 21 by Bert Salke, Jane Francis, Gloria Fan and Kira Innes, and at Hulu by Jordan Helman. The hope is for Hitman to become a flagship series.

Hitman has sold more than 25 million copies since being launched in 2000. It centers on Agent 47, a meticulous and lethal assassin with a mysterious backstory. The character has been the subject of two films released by Fox — 2007’s Hitman and 2015’s Hitman: Agent 47 — and the intention here is to hew closely to the mythology of the perennially popular video game. The latest game is simply called Hitman, and it sold 7 million copies. Two more Hitman games are in development at IO Interactive.

• Locked thread