Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I've played with this randomizer a couple years ago and when I did I chose to keep most things the same just so I wouldn't be incredibly confused by the pokemon and their stats/abilities/movesets/typing, etc. Unfortunately, because the randomizer changes the rom's internal checksum such that it's no longer recognized as a valid Pokemon Black rom, this lady is stuck in an emulated, romhacked version of the game forever:

I think that was the 3rd legitimate shiny I ever found. First was a Magnemite in Pearl, second was a Scraggy in White.

Enjoying this LP so far. I might also take the dive others have been doing and try playing a little bit of randomizer in my spare time. Quick question, I can't remember if you have it yet or not but does that Habitat Analyzer that shows you the pokemon you've caught on a route function correctly with the randomizer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Someone tried some transfer method for me a couple years ago and it didn't work out. If I ever want it in a legit game badly enough I think I could make an exception and use one of those cheat engines to build the pokemon and import it.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I'm not concerned about it. It actually has a -Def +SpA nature, which is probably the worst nature to have on a Forretress! :v:

Anyway to get back on topic, I also started a randomized Black 2 run. My starter selection was Sandile, Bulbasaur and Bagon. I chose Bagon, Hugh got Sandile. Turns out Bagon knows Relic Song, Draco Meteor, Frost Breath and Helping Hand. What a champ. First route has Level 2-4 Zekroms and Drapions. What a game. :allears:

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I'd forgotten that I left this bookmarked but I'm glad I did. Good to know you're doing ok. I know how it goes with letting an LP sit without an update for a few months. Don't worry about it, just take your time and whenever you're ready to post again, then you can get it all going once more!

• Locked thread