Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

I'm actually not sure about when pokemon learn moves, I'll have to check with check the moves they learn next update versus their normal movelists. As for TM's, we'll get our first at the end of the next update, and I'll talk about how the randomizer handles those then.

If this is the same randomizer that everyone uses, i think moves will be learned at regular intervals (every four levels? three maybe?) until lvl 100. I might be confusing this with another thing though so don't count on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

The Xtransreceiver (pronounced crosstransreceiver (jesus christ, what a name)) is actually a neat little help menu in addition to allowing you to just randomly have a chat with characters. It's one of the many feature I wish didn't disappear unto nothingness in the sequels.

Everyone you can call offers you help on some aspect of the game. Mom will tell you info and maybe tips about your current location. Hugh, when you get his number, will remind you of the current plot objective. Someone will tell you how much your pokemon like you currently. I think there might be a type chart reminder? Stuff like that.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

In future polls, I'd recommend you append the pokemon's species to its name. I had to go crossreference the posts to remember what half of these guys were because I'm terrible with names.

• Locked thread