Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dreamy Souffle
Feb 22, 2011

Just cause
I like my diamonds bright
ain't saying I'm wrong
or if it's right but baby
I haven't been wrong before
I'm digging this LP so far! What a fun idea. I've also never completed either of the sequels to B&W, so I decided to play along and give this a try as well. :3:

On the first route there were evolved pokemon with multiple attacks that had a power of 120. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreamy Souffle
Feb 22, 2011

Just cause
ain't saying I'm wrong
Voted! And I hope it's cool if I also post here and there about my encounters in this concurrent playthrough. Let me know if it's not. :shobon:

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

Yeah, that happens sometimes. I've been lucky so far that there hasn't been anything too insanely strong that I've run into, but I'm sure it'll happen eventually. The best advice I can gibe is probably to ge a new seed and try again since it was on route 1, if you really liked your starter you can pick it for yourself like I did even!

AlphaKretin posted:

Man, the randomiser is loving these moves that are supposed to unique to end-game legendaries. :stare:

I decided to stick it out! And oh man, there is no truer statement than 'the randomiser loves unique legendary moves'. But before we get to that, as far as starters go: the randomizer was set to allow basic pokemon with two evolutions, so it kind of loosely follows how that normally do. The selection came down to: Solosis, Togepi, and Sandile. And the winner was...

That she ended up with Tinted Lens as an ability was great. I even had to double check - despite the Sandile line being specifically designed as "sand crocodile with sun glasses" it's actually not at all a normal ability they'd get, but still very appropriate. :3:

As for the hellbeasts I encountered on the first route:

Simisear has two!! Two legendary-unique attacks on top of having Fire Blast and something that's mediocre but still type-effective against Goggles!! One of those legendary-unique moves even has a power of 180. Leafeon has Seed Flare filling that legendary-only slot, but also has another 120 power move in, well, Power Whip. This, and they have an ability that halves the damage of attacks that would normally be super effective, like say... Goggles' Fiery Dance.

Jesus christ.

Dreamy Souffle
Feb 22, 2011

Just cause
ain't saying I'm wrong

AlphaKretin posted:

Wait hold on if I'm not wrong, it gets better. Isn't Glaciate unique to Kyurem? Not that it's otherwise as notable as the two specialties of this generation's Mew/Celebi/etc.

Roro posted:

It is, yeah :laffo:
Hope you caught that obscenely godlike monkey!

What the heck!! Here I was worried when I first encountered one, "oh. it's a stone evolution so it's not going to learn anything new outside of TMs, bummer?" But here we are! :psyduck:

Dreamy Souffle
Feb 22, 2011

Just cause
ain't saying I'm wrong
A terrible, instinctive fear came over me when the screenshot of the first gym trainer sending out an Excadrill loaded.

• Locked thread