Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Randomizers are always fun as hell. I did a B2 randomizer like last year and I got a Kingdra as my starter, she carried me through the game like a boss. I got a bunch of other cool mons afterwards but seriously, Kingdra as starter, so cool. I'm surprised you only got first stage starters, did you select that yourself?

About B2W2...they're a step down from BW, which is rather unforgivable for the third versions, but it was the first time Gamefreak tried to make a sequel and they do have their good things (like the amazing Pokedex...which doesn't matter at all in a randomizer). Still, I'll be gladly following, especially since I have a place in my heart for Nidoran-F after she was my best Pokemon in my Yellow Nuzlocke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

A small correction, Miracle Eye does not make the next attack unable to miss. It returns evasion to normal, like Foresight and Odor Sleuth.

Also I'm surprised you didn't randomize more. You miss some of the most fun things that can happen in a randomizer this way!

And that's not even thinking of the amazing things the Red randomizer can do.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Tuxedo Ted posted:

This looks fun. Is there a randomizer setting that just swaps around the wild pokemon you can find while leaving trainer pokemon, learned moves, and abilities and such the same?

Yup. The randomizer lets you select everything individually, so you can change whatever you wish to while leaving the rest intact. Or just go into something that is barely Pokemon anymore with the wrong everything on each Pokemon that might appear anywhere at any time. It even lets you change types so the new types are in old games and work correctly, or let that Pikachu in Yellow evolve...it's pretty neat!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

While that does work for every game, if you want a Gen 1 randomized game, I recommend another one far more. It has a lot of neat options and makes for a totally different game.

Also the main randomizer updated this month and the new GUI is so much better. Makes me want to go on another run.

EDIT: removing the link just to be safe, since that one does create the ROM so it could be seen as :filez: Hopefully it isn't hard to find though, if anyone's weird enough to play Gen 1 now.

Blaze Dragon fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Mar 13, 2016

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

AweStriker posted:

Or you might end up like this person: two bad Pokémon to start with, and one legend... with a drawback that makes it completely unusable.

And that is why you randomize movesets. That and it just being more fun that way.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Munna isn't a legendary, and in fact it's a pretty normal Pokemon in Gen 5. I used one in my Black run, it was...okay, but non-random Unova is so full of Dark moves that using a Psychic type is suffering. That it evolves with a Moon Stone doesn't help.

Also yeah, I'd say ditch the legends for the sake of your own fun. And man, this is making me want to fire my own randomizer but just go batshit insane, I love when nothing makes any sense (beyond types, not changing that).

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Small correction: you said Pin Missile's accuracy was raised to 25%. That'd make it an absolutely terrible move, it is actually 95%.

That said wow, I didn't know OHKO moves worked that way. I thought they had a flat 30% chance of working so long as the user was the same or higher level than the opponent. I've learned something new.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Steel as the first Gym? Pokemon games sure have gotten hard! :v:

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

Oh, shoot. Rain boosts the power of water moves by 50% (and halves the power of fighting moves), so this is going to hurt.

I don't think you meant Fighting there. It does lower the power of one of Steel-type's weaknesses, but not Fighting.

Also you have a repeated image when Metagross used Role Play.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

It's like those Delta Species cards, only even worse because at least those were mostly colour-coded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I will always vote for Star Me because every LP needs a butt monkey he's the star of the team now and forever. Also I really like the Shinx line.

• Locked thread