Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
silversatyr
Jul 29, 2014

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay! I'll grab my stuff!

-->Eh.
I'm not a huge Pokemon geek (in that I don't know a lot about the different skills or which belongs to what Pokemon) but I've enjoyed the games since they first came out so I figure, eh, never done a randomised version so why not?

Starters were a Fighting-type Wurmple, an Electric/Grass-type Sewaddle and a Flying-type Oddish.

I chose the Sewaddle since I've never really bothered with grass or electric types before (bar Pokemon Yellow). Her moves aren't too bad for what they are - pretty strong though they have some detriments to them. That Special Defence is pretty crazy, though. She took a Solar Beam to the face after using one Cotton Guard and it only did 2 damage. Sadly, she is pretty fragile.

First route has Budew (Rock-type) and Pidove (Psychic-Grass). Kinda scary and some tough battles for my poor Sewaddle, especially the higher-levelled Budews who learned Sand Tomb (?).

I actually got wiped by a Pidove - it had an ability that increased it's speed to hell and back, so I had a hard time against it. It one-shot my poor Budew, then took down my Pidove. Sewaddle was already half-health when it hit her with a Wood Hammer.

I haven't even reached the second town yet. >.<; My Poke-skills are a bit rusty it seems.

silversatyr fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Mar 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silversatyr
Jul 29, 2014

-->Eh.
So I made it to the first gym (I'm playing Black) and got my rear end handed to me by a poison-fighting Spearow and fighting-rock Pansage. It seems to be a gym based on poison types since I also faced off against a poison Vulpix, poison-electric Croagunk and poison-fighting Slugma. On the way to Striation town I ran into a fighting-type Purrlion with Colour Change (and a Razor Claw!), a Beldum that is Dragon-Rock type with Iron Fist and a Nincada of Fire-Dark persuasion with Inner Focus. I also have items randomised when it comes to pick-ups, so I found a Relic Silver, Stardust and Pass Orb.

The reason I lost in the gym is mainly because I rushed things and went straight there instead of grinding up a bit. ^.^; I wanted to see what they had to offer!

That said, it's not fully random. I kept some non-crazy aspects around like same-levels in areas and 1-to-1 mapping.

silversatyr fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Mar 21, 2016

silversatyr
Jul 29, 2014

-->Eh.
A whole new 'mon~
New creatures to catch and use~
Cos when you randomise
Your party dies~
But it's a fleeting feeling!

A whole new 'mon (don't you dare run away)
Random types you never knew~ (battle on, it gets better!)
And if you catch them all
Then you will know
Just how to save Unova~

A whole new moooooon~ (A brand new team)
For goon and meeeee~

I tried. I'm sorry.

• Locked thread