Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

Either one will work! The first will give you any pokemon as a starter, the second is the one that I used, ensuring that your starter will be like starters always have been, the baby of a 3-stage line. I'd recommend the second for the reasons I stated earlier, sometimes you want to take a cute pokemon or one that's unusual but if you do you're gonna end up fighting against, like, Rayquaza every time you fight Hugh.

Or you might end up like this person: two bad Pokémon to start with, and one legend... with a drawback that makes it completely unusable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Blaze Dragon posted:

And that is why you randomize movesets. That and it just being more fun that way.

I didn't know Registeel only had Explosion until level 8 or so normally until I checked a bit ago.

Anyway, I started a Black (or was it White?) 1 random run a few days ago, but I think I'll have to reshuffle - my starter selection was Timburr/Tynamo/Lotad I think; I picked Ty because Electric is one of my favorite types and I really dislike Timburr's design.

Bianca summarily flattened me with it, and I also ended up losing the first N battle. Did you know you have to watch the whole speech there again if you lose that one? I did not and I was displeased to discover this.

• Locked thread