Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

yes

a french press is a big jar plus some mesh on a stick. the beans/water temperature/steeping time have a lot more effect on the coffee quality than anything that different presses could change

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

those statistics can't be trusted if they're uncritically counting everyone north of bangor as human

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

are you by any chance home from a long trip in west africa

what

coffee is native to east africa, I thought. I know for sure that's why it ended up so popular in the arab world—it's easy enough to cross the red sea and do some trading, so coffee ended up getting into the arab world. sufis have at least a reputation for loving stimulants—even if the realities of islamic mysticism and sufi styles in particular are way more complicated than that—and are generally credited with spreading coffee consumption over muslim arabia. the popular legend I've read is that some sufi guy smuggled a green coffee bean back home to yemen and began cultivating the plant for ~*spiritual use~* but I'd bet a nickel that the historical reality involves boring old trade for a plant and the knowledge to grow it.

anyway, just drank some coffee over here. thanks legendary sufis. thegendary sufis

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

I'm p fun, yeah

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

about to make some coffee :coffeepal:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Fayez Butts posted:

I had this today:

it's very good. extremely thick and smooth

don't sign your posts

don't post with your dick

text me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

just had some coffee. gonna take a shower and buy a piano now. maybe have some more coffee afterwards