Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

Syncopated posted:

first cup off coffee for the day, with a peanut butter sandwich, watching starcraft 2. sunday morning ftw

second cup o' the day. Squarepusher on vinyl, playing Brogue on my computer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
slurpin my first cup o' the day from my Ember Mug 2.0

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

it’s 12:57 (pm) and i just woke up. time for some coffee and GAMING

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

well it’s 13:26 and i just woke up. i think the only sensible thing to do is grind some beans, make a cup o hella sick joe and fire up lord of the rings online

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

pour a lil bit of Bailey’s into my coffee, yes/no?

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

i did pour it in and it was great

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

that coffee article is fuckin amazing

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

cleaning my moccamaster with some CleanDrop(TM)

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

(how) do you clean ur grinders? and if so, how often?

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

cleaned it now, prolly should’ve done it years ago

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

how big of a difference would it make to switch from a regular ol' moccamaster to something like an aeropress? i've got a grinder, weight, water cooker etc. should just try it i guess, not like it's an expensive item

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

my favorite show

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

pette-ing a dog while slurpin’ my second coffee of the day

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

coffee on the porch in the afternoon sun w/ my trusty dogge by my side

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

Silver Alicorn posted:

time for 2nd coffee

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

mods??

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

having a coffee (it's 21:41)

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

hot coffee

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

PokeJoe posted:

i should make banana bread, that sounds good

gf made this a few weeks ago. first time i had it, it's amazing

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

woke up, fell outta bed
dragged a comb across my head

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

tried my brother-in-laws AeroPress this weekend. that thing is sweet as hell, most likely gonna order one.
seems like less of a cleaning hassle than a french press too

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

fart simpson posted:

drinking some coffee right now.

same!!!!!!!!!

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

slurpin' a cuppa sludge

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

just got myself an aeropress. this thing is awesome.

how fine do you grind your beans when using this? so far I've tried almost-espresso level and closer-to-mocca-master-level, both quite different but still great tasting. seems like you can't go too wrong with this thing

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

Shaggar posted:

coffee time

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

anyone know of a good book about coffee production? not a huge textbook, but cool and good. about the different processes, maybe some coffee history etc

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

bingin’ on hoffmann vids lately. p informative and funny

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

coffee time!!!!!!!!!!

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

had to wait several hours for my morning coffee this morning cus a cat decided to fall asleep on my stomach

it was a hard decision but ultimately the cat had to go

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

now that covid's officially over in my country I had to get a second aeropress and coffee weight for my office.

no way i'm going back to that stinkin' coffee machine!

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

freshly ground light roasted ethiopian -> AeroPress still extremely needs suiting

thanks for read, please share

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

PokeJoe posted:

someone in this thread buy a bripe and review it here for god's sake

i got one for xmas. have used it three times so far I think.

it owns. the filter does a pretty good job at filtering. i can brew around 50 ml (I think) in this thing, which is not a lot, but it is what it is. the whole product, with the carrying case, thermometer etc. actually seems really well thought out and put together.

it's also really quick to make a brew. put in your coffee, fill it up with water close to the brim, and fire up the terrifying quad jet torch. heating it up to 180 Fahrenheit takes about a minute (something like that). then stir. then wait for it so sink down to drinkable levels and you're good to go. the whole ordeal is probably quicker than waiting for my kettle to boil its minimum 800 ml.

so far I've just used it at home, but I'm going skiing next weekend. can't wait to Bripe in the wilderness.

Bripe.

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

finally got a proper pouring kettle and have been experimenting with making v60's in my Switch the last couple o days.

it's great! a lot more fun than slowly pressing down the piston in an AP, that's for sure

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

really gettin' into this v60 brewing, it's fun

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

dioxazine posted:

i do feel like a second one though

hell, same

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

gonna make my second cup o' the day soon.
how should I make it?

- AeroPress
- V60
- Switch
- French press

first reply wins

e: i went with v60

Zam Wesell fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Feb 9, 2024

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

gotta admit, that thing looks sick as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

living on the edge, drat