Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Rooney McNibnug posted:

look, its not complicated - get yourself one of these:

Quick prep for delicious espresso. che cazzo with this spergy IoT french press poo poo.

sent from my phone after i kissed my fingers and threw them up im the air like chef boyardee

just finished a coffee from one of these, it was fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

prefect posted:

i thought you needed high-pressure steam-engine stuff to make espresso? :confused:

yeah they don't make real espresso because the pressure that builds up is much lower. it's a different coffee but imo also perfectly enjoyable

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
feel like a coffee but it's getting kinda late in the day. considering getting some decaf beans

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
got a mean cold just now, but that hasn't stopped me drinking coffee. just finished one off a few minutes ago, friends

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Sniep posted:

that's the part you have to avoid friend

like in my photo, take a bowl and fill it with cold water immediately after screwing the top on the base full of boiling water with coffee dropped in and placing on heat, leave open, when deep color coffee starts spurting any lift above heat until its back to a smooth flow, then once the liquid becomes a clearer color IMMEDIATELY dunk the base into the cold water, since it's about to spurt and that has all the nastiness from the beans in it since it's A) overheated water and B) overextracted beans

you really want to micromanage the brew process and it only takes 30-45 seconds if you are doing it right (i.e. starting with 209°F water in the pre-warmed base and quickly moving onto heat)

you dont wanna burn the beans - if you do either of the things above wrong you burn the beans and get lovely overextracted or burnt coffee.

not sure why the water needs to be already hot but i've filled a kettle to try your method right now sniep

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
ok that was quick, all the good stuff comes over in like 5 seconds once it starts flowing. kinda took me by surprise and i'm not sure i got it in the stop bath quick enough. will report back with results

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
report: pretty good moka pot coffee i'll probably continue with this method :tipshat:

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
brewing coffee number one of the day, gonna be a good one

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
luv 2 coff

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
garbage in, garbage out is as true for coffee as for computer

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
pre:
coffee  ->  computerman  ->   garbage 

/\                            \/
  /\                            \/

money         <----         computer

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
thread's got me right in the mood for some coffee

e: got myself a cup of hot sludge, cheers!

big scary monsters fucked around with this message at 22:14 on May 11, 2016

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
made delicious coffee this morning and noticed i'm nearly out of beans, don't forget to restock!

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
i like a macchiato after lunch

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Smythe posted:

i got free coffee at the freakin hospital today FTW
hope you're well smythe

i had to rush and leave half my coffee this morning, got a cappuccino at the train station and it was ok i guess, for train station coffee

thinking about thos Beans

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
weak and tasteless hotel catering coffee today, ive had to switch to tea it's that bad

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
been eating chocolate covered coffee beans and drinking mediocre filter coffee the last few days

gotta get thos Beans

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
have to make compromises when you're travelling

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

EndlessRagdoll posted:

wow. need coffee.

im so tired

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
posting to remind myself to buy more beans

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
couldn't sleep last night, having early morning coffee and feeling pretty ok

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
had dunkin donuts coffee for the first time today to keep me awake on a long drive. it was ok, local roasted aeropress coffee at my friend's house this morning was better though

<3 coffee

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
been drinking a lot of tea last few days, but still fitting in my regular cup of joe

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
moka pot on the go, it's coffee time

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
burnt my tongue trying to drink my coffee too hot, still drank it though

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

doctorfrog posted:

:prepop: please be careful not to do this too much!!!!!!!! :prepop:
http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/15/health/coffee-tea-hot-drinks-cancer-risk/index.html
e: sorry bout the extra ! but i just had some coffee

gently caress!! next time i'll have a quick pre-coffee cig first to let it cool down to safer temperatures

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

teen bear posted:

i feel like this would take me to a new coffee threshold i could never come back from and i'm nervous and scared rn

you are right to be afraid, i used to be happy to drink poo poo tier instant coffee until a girlfriend convinced me that the real stuff was better and got me a grinder and made me use beans and stuff

now i drink better coffee but it means that i can't enjoy it any more when someone serves me crap. i'm not sure that developing taste is even worth it

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
what's the name of your first cup lol

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
already thinking about tomorrow morning's coffee, will report back

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
trip report: coffee still good

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
had a cup of tea this morning just to change things up

Captain Foo posted:

thinkin' about tomorrow's beans

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
feeling like poo poo, coffee my only friend

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

teen bear posted:

ran out of coffee at home today :sadcoffeepal:

:rip:

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
slightly burned my afternoon cup of coffee

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
just "bean" drinking my favourite hot drink

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
at a conference, coffee heavy week :sludgepal:

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
had a pretty great espresso this morning, gonna go back to the shop and buy their beans

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
haven't had a coffee in three days, looking forward to a brew tomorrow

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

lord funk posted:

does anyone else detox once every year or so? suffering through two days of migraines but then that cup at the end of the tunnel is soooooo goooooood

no, i missed my beans entirely by accident. but i wonder if that's why i've been having lovely headaches the last couple of days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
coffee time