Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

mishaq posted:

whats the least effort way for me to consistently make cups of coffee that arent complete poo poo like the stuff i drink at work

i dont drink coffee at home often but if i have a guest over that likes coffee i wanna be able to easily make them a cup that isn't garbage

im leaning toward keurig + keeping some beans in the freezer that i grind as needed and fill a keurig cup with

https://prima-coffee.com/equipment/abid/clever

http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-CPK-17-PerfecTemp-1-7-Liter-Stainless/dp/B003KYSLNQ/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

mishaq posted:

i already have an electric kettle

do i have to get one that can do 200 degrees instead of 212 or is the extra 12 degrees of boiling water really going to ruin the coffee taste

no you're fine, the button ranges on that one are just because making a kettle that lets you get down to individual degrees is apparently either really hard or really expensive

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i just hit BOIL 90% of the time

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

at the date posted:

because they're white

np, it's because they serve addictive substances

where do you live that everybody who serves coffee or alcohol is white

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

at the date posted:

I was mainly talking about baristas, since this is the coffee thread, and while I don't have the numbers in front of me, let me put it this way, actually nevermind I won't put it that way since I just got off a 30-day, but let me put it this way: you're not going to find a German comparative literature grad behind the counter of a Bojangles in Atlanta.

huh.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

hell yeah, hack the planet

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i have a hand grinder and this thing:

needs are suited.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

akadajet posted:

i've never seen one of those made out of plastic

there's a valve with a stopper on the bottom so it stays contained until you put it on a mug

then it pees out delicious brown water

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i've been searching the web and it appears that coffee (caffeinated and otherwise) may decrease the risk of kidney stones provided that one drinks enough water to coutneract the diuretic effect of the caffeine.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

at the date posted:

what is with you people and turning the thing you make out of boiled water and some plant matter into the centerpiece of a liturgy

rituals are an integral part of the human experience and we live in an age where ritual performance is no longer synonymous with religious belief

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

beep boop why do people do things that have no immediately quantifiable benefit

error, error

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i use one of these:

there's a springy valve on the bottom such that you just set iton your mug to drain

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

at the date posted:

"well if you've got to have the Eucharist it might as well come in K-cups"

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Phuzzy posted:

Free coffee = okay coffee

Put some flavored cream in it and then it doesn't matter

if you have to put anything other than, maybe, a splash of cream or milk into your coffee then you just shouldn't drink it

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

They just installed this monstrosity at work

did they at least hook the drain tray up

my old office got some nescafe thing and instead of installing drainage they put a sign up saying not to use the tray

it went about as well as one would expect

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

power botton posted:

gonna stay tiny if you keep that up

congrats on falling for Postum propaganda

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Big Postum has their guns out...!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.