Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

Coffee at work sucks, time for my morning ritual. 6 scoops of fresh ground beans into 12 cups of drip coffee into the thermos! I'll probably have that finished by lunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

I'm not sure if this song has been posted yet but I heard it today and thought of this thread. Some good coffee inspired blues-rock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKTN58kLZAw

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

Every morning when I make coffee my cat is right there trying to grab beans and run off with them, he goes absolutely bonkers for coffee, more so than any other treat or food I have ever offered him. After the coffee is made and I’m walking around he won’t leave me alone until I finish the cup.

Unfortunately for him he was born a cat, and coffee is not good for cats. Very rarely I’ll dip the tip of my finger in the coffee and let him get a small taste as a treat.

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

lousy hat posted:

Sunday morning coffee time :coffee:

Yes indeed!

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

Somehow I messed up my ribs and the outer tissue is bruised so every time I breathe it hurts in both my side and my neck because of something with the nerves. I’ve barely slept in 2 days and I’m exhausted, what am I going to do about this?!

Coffee. The answer is coffee.

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

Got a Moka pot for Christmas and made the terrible mistake of trying it out when I got back home at 7:30pm tonight, it was delicious. I guess if I can’t sleep tonight I’ll just have to make more tomorrow morning, oh nooooo

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

After years of my trusty Mr. Coffee I finally got a moka pot and BOY HOWDY what a difference, I wish I had done this years ago. My home coffee game has just stepped up big time.

If you have ever considered getting a moka pot please do yourself a favor and go for it, highly recommended.

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

SimonSays posted:

Pour one out for my Chemex, did not survive an encounter with a moving cat.

Happily I'd already drunk the coffee.

I’m sorry for your loss, I will pour one out (into my stomach) tomorrow morning.

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

lousy hat posted:

got a moka pot yesterday. have already had 2 big non-espresso lattes this morning and I’m on UTC-5 time. it’s gonna be A Day

Nice! I’ve got a 3-cup moka pot, just made 2 batches and let me tell you I am awake right now

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

Midjack posted:

having a forbidden 9pm coffee, last week sucked and this week isn't off to a great start either.

The forbidden 9pm coffee usually leads to poor sleep, which is counteracted by the 7am coffee.

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

Cat Face Joe posted:

yes hahaha YES

drat that coffee sounds ideal

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

Made some espresso chocolate chip cookies tonight for dessert, first time making them but definitely not my last. Coffee edibles are pretty darn good.

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

Hell yeah! I’ve used mine 4 times so far today!

(I probably should have got the 6 cup and not the 3 cup size)

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

Broke into some fresh beans this morning, what a great feeling!

I just might have an afternoon cup soon.

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

knox_harrington posted:

I slept late and have just been woken up by my girlfriend bringing me a coffee. a good start.

A good girlfriend.

My girlfriend is sleeping late, just made her morning Americano and it’s waiting for her in her insulated mug. Gotta look out for each other with coffee!

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

I woke up thinking about thos Beans, just made a nice cup of espresso.

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

I love coffee season

(It’s always coffee season)

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

Just finished my second moka pot coffee of the day and I think I can speak to electricity. I usually only do one moka pot in the morning and I guess this is why. I am vibrating.

edit:

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

Went out to see a concert tonight and had many beers, tomorrow morning is coffee time and already, I;m thinking about thos beans.

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

It’s Friday! About to enjoy the alcohol of the daytime before I enjoy the alcohol of the nighttime. Then tomorrow morning I’m going to enjoy the alcohol of the daytime again.

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

Made my morning moka pot and had to pay the cat tax. This cat goes just as crazy for coffee as I do, coffee is not good for cats but this guy knows that once a day I’ll dip the tip of my pinky in the cup so he can get a little taste of the flavor, but that’s all he’s allowed to have. I wish I could share more with the little guy but it’s just not safe :(

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

4pm moka pot coffee checking in

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

It is time for the forbidden 9pm coffee

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

Gotta be up earlier than usual tomorrow, so I’m getting up EXTRA early to make sure there’s time for coffee

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

I’ve traced the IP address, must go investigate

Noobles fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Sep 22, 2023

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

I need help goon friends. I’ve got a sore throat and because of that I couldn’t sleep much last night. now I’m up for the day and tired. Any recommendations on some sort of liquid that I can drink that’s warm to soothe my throat but also wake me up? tia

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

I told my cat that forbidden 8pm coffee was not a good idea but he strongly disagreed.

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

Coffee

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

Coffee in the morning, coffee in the evening, coffee at supper time!

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

lousy hat posted:

> A wild WORKDAY appeared!
> LOUSYHAT used COFFEE!
> It wasn’t very effective…

the effects of coffee can stack, you should have another.

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

graph posted:

this will be the only coffee i drink this week as i'm off work and hosting tomorow. see you next thursday!

Protip: you can drink coffee even if you don’t have work.

Pro Protip: you can drink coffee ESPECIALLY if you don’t have work.

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

thinking more about this, off work coffee is the best coffee. I usually do drip during the week because it’s fast to make.

however, when not working there are so many options! go to your favorite coffee place! make a moka pot! enjoy a homemade pour over! the only limit to coffee is YOU when you’re off work!

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

It is time to get caffeinated

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

Shaggar posted:

im grinding the beans right now

I can’t wait to get up tomorrow for the daily grind. (The grind of beans, that is)

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

Just got back from a coffee place just down the road that I checked out last week. as soon as my girlfriend and I went in last week we were greeted by the roaster who gave us recommendations, and the coffee was fantastic. they now have my weekly bean business for sure.

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

Corla Plankun posted:

lmao

it feels like a crime but you gotta run a little cool water in those things or drop in an icecube if you need coffee now

yes indeed, I make my girlfriend americanos on the weekends in her insulated mug and have to top it off with cold water so she can drink it in any sort of reasonable timeframe.

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

bean water > leaf water

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

My mom got me a neat little espresso machine for Christmas! now I have 3 different coffee options which is awesome. I love my Mr. Coffee, espresso machine and moka pot. Got to go do some bean shopping tomorrow.

This leads me to a question though, I don’t have a fancy grinder and have my local shop grind for me when I buy. will beans that are ground for espresso still work alright in the moka pot? I assume I might get a little more sediment in the bottom but is there any major difference in taste?

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

Thank you all for the input, I ended up just getting espresso grind the other day but after hearing suggestions I’m going to get some coffee ground for moka pot soon. oh noooooo, I’m going to have a lot of coffee!

In the future I’ll probably just get it ground for moka and use that in the espresso maker as well.

Thanks again, coffee friends!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

jesus WEP posted:

i love a story with a happy ending

Coffee and I lived happily ever after